Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you being priced out of being on a deer lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give up and sit and home vs pay more and hunt
    Sounds like a winning option at the end of day if ur happy on couch lol
    Not me

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
      Not everything gets more expensive over time. When I was in High School 20 years ago, Jack in the Box Tacos were 2 for 99cents. Today, they are still two for 99 cents. Either Tacos don't price increase or they have been gouging me for 20 years.

As for hunting, I know a lot of people have said it has become a "rich mans" sport and yes the number of people who pay crazy fees is on the way up. I also agree public lands look like a pumpkin patch with all the orange walking around them now. You may want to look for out of state. I have never done it but would like to one day. Its a shame as big as Texas is and we have very little public land.
      Those tacos are about the only thing that didn't go up.

Comment

Know plenty of people that get it done on public land!

Comment

That's why I bought land in Oklahoma. I wasn't ever willing to pay the price most of these leases now a days are. I have hunted public land for the last 10 years and it has been awesome! I still hunt public land, but I have my own private place that I can sneak away to and not be walked in on by someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
            Know plenty of people that get it done on public land!
            That’s what I had to do.

Comment

what does it cost to get on a deer lease in Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by barnag View Post
                what does it cost to get on a deer lease in Texas?
                $500-$10K. Average $2500-$4000.

Comment

It is all about priorities. Gave up several other hobbies so I could afford to pay too much for my hunting habit.

Comment

Originally posted by bownutone View Post
                    It is all about priorities. Gave up several other hobbies so I could afford to pay too much for my hunting habit.
                    AMEN!

Comment

my land payment is only $8,100 a year for 40ac.

Comment

I have been buying land. Might lease it to a sucker one day

Comment

Originally posted by Thorcules View Post
                          Public land...done.
                          That's what I'm doing. Driving to Arkansas and hunting there. I have not be able to locate a lease in Texas before it is snagged up since for years.

It's tough, but anything worth having isn't easy.

Comment

the bottom line of all this is you can never buy what you can lease. The only reason I want land is to hunt. What I can afford to buy and hunt is just nothing like what I lease. not only that, I can walk away from the lease at any time, and not be burdened with selling it if life changes 5-10 years down the road. would I like to own 7,000 acre? absolutely. but I'm done hunting 150 acres places that leave me disappointed year after year, so why would I spend 10K a year for something that doesn't do what I want it to do?

now when I win the powerball in a couple days, all of this changes.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              People say this every year....Until they sleep on the though of not hunting, then they step up and pay up.

What else are you going to do? Fight to find another lease with iffy people already on it?

I hear ya though. We've all been there!
                              we just had our first kid and my wife may be quitting her job so finances have changed a bunch! It is definitely not by choice if I do leave

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                                the bottom line of all this is you can never buy what you can lease. The only reason I want land is to hunt. What I can afford to buy and hunt is just nothing like what I lease. not only that, I can walk away from the lease at any time, and not be burdened with selling it if life changes 5-10 years down the road. would I like to own 7,000 acre? absolutely. but I'm done hunting 150 acres places that leave me disappointed year after year, so why would I spend 10K a year for something that doesn't do what I want it to do?

now when I win the powerball in a couple days, all of this changes.
                                How many acres could you lease with powerball winings?

Comment

Working...
                                X