Whisker Biscuit or Drop Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whisker Biscuit or Drop Away

I know this is beating a dead horse. But.... Which do you prefer? Pros Cons? While at the archery shop today, owner asked why I continue using a WB. I'm of the mindset if it works and not broke don't fix it. However I would like to know how many have switched and gone back. Etc. This was coupled in the conversation of possibly purchasing a new Bow. I asked if he had the one I was shooting setup with a WB so I could shoot it. He said well most folks have gone away from those. But I can help you out.

I know of several that have gone from whisker biscuit to Drop away (QAD) but none that have done the opposite.

Comment

Your losing speed with that whisker . Drop away is the only way to go . And there is a ton to choose from AAP, QAD ,Rip cord just to name a few .

Comment

I am the odd man out I guess but I like the WB.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
          I know of several that have gone from whisker biscuit to Drop away (QAD) but none that have done the opposite.
          This!!! With the WB the arrow is in contact with the rest for the entire length of the arrow. That is friction and less forgiving to any movement of the bow arm

Comment

Drop away is the way to go

Comment

WB...less parts to fail. i certainly don't like little strings hanging places that MIGHT get caught on a limb or branch while shooting. However, I am not opposed to trying both.
              Last edited by JayB; 05-21-2020, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                WB...less parts to fail. i certainly don't like little strings hanging places that MIGHT get caught on a limb or branch while shooting. However, I am not opposed to trying both.
                I’ve never had a string fail or get caught on anything.

Comment

Same here. I have used many QAD drop away rest and I have yet to have a failure if I set it up right. Very easy to set up. The only trouble I have ever had was when I didn't get the rest cable tied into my bow cable correctly. Easy fix.

Comment

been shooting drop away rest for 15 years or more.. ive always used qad because that's what the shop i go to likes.. recently I purchased a hamskea trinity limb driven and I doubt ill buy another qad..

Wb are more forgiving to use if you only shoot a couple weeks before season.. I killed several deer with one.. i found them to be noisy on a calm morning

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                      i found them to be noisy on a calm morning
                      Agreed. Reason enough for me not to use them.

Comment

Lots of good advice. I have only used a WB. I see the advantages of both. I see the drop away as being another moving piece. I guess what I should do is go traditional and not worry about it. Lol

Comment

From what I've gathered on this thread alone, the difference between drop away and WB users, is that the drop away users have tried BOTH.

Comment

From what I've gathered on this thread alone, the difference between drop away and WB users, is that the drop away users have tried BOTH.
                            Yes sir. You are correct!

Comment

I have tried both and went back to the WB After the drop away failed on a hunt 2 weeks later. I said right then never again. Target shooting may be fine but not on a hunt for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X