Chandeleur Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chandeleur Island

Heading there in March. Anyone one ever go that early in the year? I searched but it appears most people go summer or fall. We are going with Due South Charters. Anyone fished with them? Appreciate any info

inshore or offshore?

Comment

March will be good, it's just more than likely going to be windy windy.

Comment

We tried it a couple times in the past (been fishing the Islands over 40 years) and never did very well on trout. Reds a plenty though... Trout always seemed better after the water temp. reached 70 degrees... We're booked for mid/late May this year. Got weather cancelled three trips last year!! Personally, I like May, June then late Oct. and November best...

Comment

I have fished with Due south Charters for several years. grt folks and very comfortable mother ship. Could be windy and cold. But once you are down in the CI area plenty of protected areas to fish. I have not fished with them in March. Our group normally goes later in year. You will not be disappointed. Good Luck and have fun.

Comment

My company fished with the Due South years back. Not even sure it has the same captain now. We will not go again with them and I’ll leave it at that. If you want to know more PM me.

Comment

Good luck! Should be a great trip

Comment

Working...
              X