Frozen Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frozen Bolt

I have an old Daisy Legacy 22 (price tag says $49 at Walmart) that I just got out of the box for the first time. I guess the original oil gummed up and the bolt won’t open. The bolt handle will lift but then I can’t open the bolt. I soaked it in Rem oil but that didn’t work. What can I put on it to unfreeze the bolt?

Try PB Blaster. I haven't seen much that it won't unstick given a little time. Might put a heat gun or blow dryer on it also.

Comment

Dab some gumout on it....let it slowly work down.
      Last edited by bwssr; 01-13-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

PB Blaster or even try some gun cleaner

Comment

Kroil

Comment

If you can get stock off..Mix up Diesel and some ATF in bucket submerge bolt end for a few days.try to open now and then...it may be a mechanical problem so beware

Comment

I am sure you have tried, but have you tried with the safety in different positions

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
                Kroil
                Been reading about this stuff on hear for a couple yrs. It must be magic. I just bought some yesterday after reading the meat grinder thread. Anxious to try it out.

Comment

Lighter fluid will work also.

Comment

you do not need to home brew a special concoction ,,, pb blaster should work, if it does not then simply use brake cleaner,, just keep it away from any flames ,,,, you can also use brake cleaner to flush out any left over pb blaster or what ever else you use because it will evaporate quickly,, then you can use a lubricant,,,, not wd40!

Comment

Try a hair dryer or heat gun don’t go crazy with a heat gun getting it hot will sometimes loosen the gunk

Comment

When in doubt, get a bigger hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                          When in doubt, get a bigger hammer.
                          I was just thinking that. I had a mosin nagant with a few burs in the chamber, so every few rounds, one would get stuck. Started keeping a small rubber mallet in my range bag.

If your bolt lifts, but won't slide back, a few taps with a rubber mallet can't hurt.

Comment

Working...
                          X