KANSAS 2018 Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KANSAS 2018 Reports

With many people on this board hunting Kansas I figured I would start a thread where everyone can share what they have been seeing.

We are heading up on the 17th and hoping to catch some of the rut. This will be my first year hunting there and to say i'm excited is an understatement. We will be on private land in Unit 15.

I've heard reports of some smaller bucks starting to show signs of rut.

KS

I'm planning on going tomorrow. A buddy just got back Sunday and said he seen 3-4 shooter bucks but no rut activity.
    Still early. I'm in Unit 14 and they're calling for rain Sat-Mon/Tues.
    Considering waiting til Monday to go........ might save me a cpl days of sitting in the rain, lol.

The 17th should still be ok, I'd think. Might be perfect, who knows?

And the rainy days I'm trying to avoid might be perfect too.

So...... to heck with it. I'm going tomorrow!

Good luck to ya!

D.

Comment

Did yall do draw hunt or OTC? I've been looking at hunting other states, I enjoyed my time in AZ and want the hunt Kansas and Missouri

Comment

I'm headed up around the 10th, last year in unit 11 the switch flipped on the 16th. It was absolutely nuts the 16-20 last year on our farm.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
          Did yall do draw hunt or OTC? I've been looking at hunting other states, I enjoyed my time in AZ and want the hunt Kansas and Missouri
          Draw

First time out of state for me so i don't have much info to give

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
            I'm planning on going tomorrow. A buddy just got back Sunday and said he seen 3-4 shooter bucks but no rut activity.
            Still early. I'm in Unit 14 and they're calling for rain Sat-Mon/Tues.
            Considering waiting til Monday to go........ might save me a cpl days of sitting in the rain, lol.

The 17th should still be ok, I'd think. Might be perfect, who knows?

And the rainy days I'm trying to avoid might be perfect too.

So...... to heck with it. I'm going tomorrow!

Good luck to ya!

D.
            Unit 9 here. Rain chances now are 60% Saturday and clear Mon-Wednesday now. Headed up on Saturday, I will report as I can.

Good luck

Comment

I’ll be in unit 11 from 11/11-18. This was the rut last year when I got mine, buddies saw a few young bucks last weekend.

Comment

I head that way in Nov. 10 returning and coming home on the 16th. All signs have been a little slow where I will be, Unit 11, but the timing there is usually the week BEFORE Thanksgiving Week is when the chasing really kicks off.

Really Excited..

Comment

Hunted 4 days last week in Unit 11. No sigjns of rut activity. Did see 2 shooter bucks. I will be back up there Nov 6-16. I’ve had better luck the week of Veterans Day versus week before Thanksgiving. I’ve hit the lock down the last 2 years. Trying to catch Pre-rut this year.
                  Good luck to everyone!!!

Comment

This is what I generally see. Seems like kickoff is usually 14-16 time frame.
                    Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
                    I head that way in Nov. 10 returning and coming home on the 16th. All signs have been a little slow where I will be, Unit 11, but the timing there is usually the week BEFORE Thanksgiving Week is when the chasing really kicks off.

Really Excited..
                    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Heading up tomorrow for 5 days in unit 11, and then back up 3rd or 4th week of Nov. Last year last two weeks of Nov was heavy rut. Will post report as I go. Good Luck to all.

Comment

From now until rifle season could be good in any given spot. I prefer first 10 days in November....and the week of Thanksgiving

Comment

our group is leaving this coming tues

Comment

Hunting Unit 11. Hunted last week Thursday thru Sunday and it was dead. Saw a few doe but did see single year olds like maybe momma had run them off?? We also had deer blowing like never before. Up wind down wind no wind. They were blowing???
                            We had more buck pic in September than October so not sure what is going on. There has been high water so maybe that had something to do with it.
                            Will be hunting for 6 days the 13th thru the 18th.
                            Good luck to all and be safe.

Comment

First night on stand (private land) saw nothing. worst part was I had to park 300 yards from the creek I have to cross (bean field not cut and muddy) and didn't think I would need my waders (wrong) Had to take off my boots and socks and cross, water was past my knees, most of the time it's about 4 inches. back at it in the morning different stand.

Comment

Working...
                              X