Shots under 20 yds......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shots under 20 yds......

Set up a pop-up blind in a very secluded/wooded area that we hunt as kind of a "oh what the heck" kind of spot to go hunt if I dont feel like hunting any of the other set-ups or just to get a change of scenery. Anyrate, the farthest shot will be about 18 yards. Pins are set at 20,30,40 yds. What pin do I use for a 8,10, 12 yard shot?

The 20. Should be real close to the same at 10

Comment

20 will work

Comment

Practice at home first. I have had to look down the shaft before for a 5 yard shot. I think something like my 50 yard pin works for 5 yards.

Comment

As stated above, 20 pin will be money. But prove it to yourself by shooting a target first so u don’t talk urself into doing something foolish while at full draw on a deer.

Comment

Aim at bottom 1/3rd of the kill zone.

Comment

20 will get it don’t at 10 yards

At 4 yards to hit a dot I would use my 60... but all pins would be in the vitals

Comment

Thanks fellas, guess I need to take a few shots and figure it out. Dont have a 50 yd pin

Comment

At 10 yards you should be able to put your whole sight ring over the vitals and be eating deer steak that evening.

Comment

On my bow the pin I have set for 10 yards is on from 10-20 yards. My next pin is my 30 yard pin. Your 20 might work, Just shoot a few practice arrows to double check. Always glad to help ya out.

Comment

use my 20 just stay to the bottom 1/3 personally

Comment

Working...
                      X