Uvalde Co hunting/rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brzo23 View Post
    I’m headed that direction Friday. We hunt off FM 334 just inside Kinney County. Dad has been there since last Friday and said bucks were starting to cruise. We shall see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good luck! Keep us posted

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bwool View Post
      Hef, been in that area since 1986. I usually take vacation from 12-5 through 12-15. You want to be in the stand as much as possible the 10th-13th. Don't ask me how long it took to pinpoint this time. 10:17 hrs of daylight is the majic number. 10:18 starts getting right.
      Im going to schedule that for next year

Comment

[QUOTE=bwool;12992503]Hef, been in that area since 1986. I usually take vacation from 12-5 through 12-15. You want to be in the stand as much as possible the 10th-13th. Don't ask me how long it took to pinpoint this time. 10:17 hrs of daylight is the majic number. 10:18 starts getting right.[/QUOTE

Hunted about 15 miles SW of Sabinal, South of 90, for a long time. Down there, same deal, but we noted after a number of years that 12/5 seemed the magic "killin" date. Always tried to be at the lease around that time.

Stu

Comment

Glad it is finally cool. I'll be headed out Friday. Hope to see some activity. I don't think we had too much of an acorn problem but hope this rain takes care of what acorns did drop.

Comment

Ohhh!

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
              Glad it is finally cool. I'll be headed out Friday. Hope to see some activity. I don't think we had too much of an acorn problem but hope this rain takes care of what acorns did drop.
              We were covered in acorns...
              We were still real green late too...

Trying to head out Friday too....

Comment

Originally posted by bwool View Post
                You want to be in the stand as much as possible the 10th-13th.
                For the most part I agree...but the greener/warmer we are, the more you can bump this back alittle...

Comment

Saw these on another thread from this morning... and then there is my view... Needles to say, I'm jealous

Comment

Currently snowing at our lease but not sticking. Raining as well

Comment

Currently snowing at our lease but not sticking. Raining as well
                      How's everything looking?

Comment

Originally posted by hef187 View Post
                        How's everything looking?
                        Sorry, just got back to work. Saturday evening I had a good hunt. 6 does and 2 yearlings and a pretty young 10 point, but they must have got wind of a coyote and left about 530. Sunday morning early I had 4 does out but, again, they got wind of a coyote and left. I saw the coyote about 10 mins later but couldn't get a shot.

Really not a bad weekend considering the moon was pretty bright all night.

Comment

Our deer (and other animals) activity picked up this weekend. I still don't think they are full on in rut though. I got a shot at a nice 9 pt but slightly misjudged the yardage on him and gave him a good brisket shave with a little nick. I hope to see him again. Less than 5 min after the shot I heard a cat scream then a minute or 2 later a big bobcat strolled thru. I had my son and his crossbow with us and that was the window the bobcat was in so I didn't get a shot. I would say it was the best weekend of the season as far as deer movement. Hopefully the cold weather will knock all the green off the brush and the deer will continue to move.

Comment

Good luck everyone. We wont be making it back out until 1/5 [emoji24]

Comment

Heading back out today for 2 weeks. Was encouraged but one of our hunters filmed the rancher flying a grid pattern in a chopper over our place for about 2 hours yesterday...so I'm sure if there are any deer left on our place they are scared out of their mind.

Comment

Heading back out today for 2 weeks. Was encouraged but one of our hunters filmed the rancher flying a grid pattern in a chopper over our place for about 2 hours yesterday...so I'm sure if there are any deer left on our place they are scared out of their mind.
                                Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X