AR Pistol Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    Don't change the form or function of the brace and you can do whatever you want with it. If you fill anything in, add or remove anything that would change the way it's used then you have changed it into a stock and you have a short barreled riffle.

This is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Yep.

Pretty easy to be legal now but proposed bills might change that.

I’m budgeting for a couple stamps just in case
      Could you catch me up on these new proposed bills?

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
        I have wondered about this. What, if anything, happens when you put a scope on an AR pistol that can obviously only be used when the gun is shouldered?
        Yeah, who knows. If a BATFE agent is looking at you you are likely screwed on some level. Form 1 your stuff online and don't worry about it.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          its still pistol in the truck

Which is great today but my gut tells me this may not be the case for long.

My pistol has become the AR that is used the most and I just don’t want any hassles from it.

Comment

Id like to think theyd "grandfather" pistols before a certain date.

Back around 2000, before the prior ban was lifted, I owned a "pre ban" colt AR with collapsible stock. It wasnt stamped law enforcement govt. Only like the new ones of that time. I still have some pre ban glock high cap glock mags from the ban that anyone can own.

Not to mention how many people have built parts kit pistols? Order the kit online buy a lower as "gun parts" on your 4473 and how could they keep track?

Itll be like bump stocks. Lots will be lost in boating accidents

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I recently built a cheap one and am now wondering why it took me so long to jump on the ar pistol wagon. They are handy. go for it!

Comment

They sure are handy. I run one with a 10.5” 7.62 x 39 barrel. It has a sig brace and a KAK buffer tube for my “long” arms. I use it for thermal hunting and it’s perfect suppressed. Comes out to about the size of a regular AR so it’s easy to carry and get in / out of a side x side

——-Stan I see you are located around Madisonville. Hit me up and you can check mine out anytime

Comment

Working...
                X