Brush cutter for skid steer info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brush cutter for skid steer info?

Do any of you guys own or use a brush cutter that attaches to a skid steer. I have been looking at a few different brands and they range from 3k to 12k in price. I am trying to figure out what model would work best for an open cab skid that has about 75 horse power. From what I can tell, most of the mowers are classified as hi-flow or lo-flow, I would require a lo-flow mower. I have seen it mentioned that there are some folks on here that sell equipment, so as always, TBH is usually my go to for info or looking for something to buy. Thanks, BJ.

How big is the brush you are looking to cut?

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
      How big is the brush you are looking to cut?
      Probably nothing more than a few inches in diameter, but I'm covered up in briar vines, clumps of small trees, and just nasty undergrowth vegetation that needs to be gone. I am going to hire out for a small part of it so I can get started building a driveway, but I'm interested in owning my own equipment so I can continue to clear my land.

Comment

Check out the Blue Diamond extreme duty open front for a low flow skid steer - I sell them and have owned one. They are great. Hit me up anytime to talk more about them

Comment

The open cab is what would bother me. You can always keep the front of the mower tipped higher, but you are literally sitting right behind a brush hog. A flail type mower would be safer IMO.

Comment

We have this one. I wouldn't even think of running it with an open cab though.

Premier is proud to manufacture Ammbusher Brush Cutter Attachments for a wide range of skid steers with hydraulic flow capacities of 13 to 30 gpm.

Comment

CID is what I have and have been extremely happy with all their attachments.

Comment

My son has a site clearing business and he has 3 brush hog attachments that he put on open cabs. After first week 1 operator quit, the other 2 threatened to. He had to get in machine to help and next day ordered 3 cab machines.

Comment

I don’t think I would run one with a open cab. I’ve seen them throw debris a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by texasrazor View Post
                    My son has a site clearing business and he has 3 brush hog attachments that he put on open cabs. After first week 1 operator quit, the other 2 threatened to. He had to get in machine to help and next day ordered 3 cab machines.
                    Wow. But I'm sure

The only guy I know with one has a bobcat 70 something hp. The dealer would not sell a cutter cause he bought open cab

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Used a brush cutter/shredder on a bobcat for more hours than I can count. Rear of it has a roller bar that stays on the ground. Open cab. Never had anything come back towards me except dust and pollen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You might want to consider a different machine. Open cab bad, and also make sure you have enough hydraulics. If you don't have enough HP and hydraulics it can destroy the cutter.
                        Depending on how much you have to do, it might be better to hire someone with the right machine...might be cheaper in the long run.

Comment

Open cab is not going to be good for your eyes, ears, nose, and mouth. Don’t ask me how I know[emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After speaking with varminthunter, he has got me a great idea of what i need. Gonna focus on buying a skid with a removable door, or adding one on, and the blue diamond cutters his company sells are top notch equipment. Heres a pic of some of the property Im clearing.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X