No announcement yet.

Deer lease, price, size, location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price could be influenced by many factors: livestock on the ranch, demand, game management, greed, lodge, electricity, facilities, location, etc. If you find a spot, you will need to pay to play.

Edwards County, 3200 acres, $3,200/gun. This rancher is worth $MM, doesn't need the money. But he still increases the lease cost by 3% every 5 years.

Comment

$2000, 6 hunters, 200ac, hidalgo county

Comment

Deer lease, price, size, location

Kinda surprised to see some of these leases for 3-4 bucks an acre, not as surprising to see the $30/acre side of things though. $60 an acre? I hope that comes with a pool. I guess the message of the day is shop around.

We pay $10/acre for 7200 acres in Zapata county. Water, electricity and Partial high fence.
        Last edited by kyle1974; 01-15-2019, 04:42 PM.

Comment

East Texas, 400 acres+-, four hunters, $495 ea.

Comment

Some interesting prices and acreage on here

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
              You want what I actually pay it what I tell my wife I pay?
              Lol

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
                I'm currently looking into this one!

Why did you get off?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                He got tired of shooting a 150 every year, on opening weekend.

Comment

MLD Polk County Lease
                  3200 acres
                  14 Families.
                  $1400/family

Comment

I am lucky. My best friend owns 220 acres in West Texas. I help with corn, buy feeders and build blinds.... whatever needs to be done.

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
                    Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
                      I'm currently looking into this one!

Why did you get off?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                      It was just time. It is a great lease with a great group of hunters and a great lease Foreman. It wasn't an easy decision but I was just spending more money on hunting than I felt like I needed to, it was 4hr 45min drive one way, fed protein, corn, and Cottonseed year round and all of that along with Rice Bran, and Alfalfa all thru hunting season to try and hold the deer in my area. If you don't they will go to the areas that are. The country is rough and tough on vehicles. Actually, reasonably priced for a family lease, and lots of animals. I'm sure I'll regret leaving as it is a great lease with great people. Awesome bow hunting, which is all I do. In my 7 years, I killed a 145, 147, 152, and 153 inch bucks. Not that big a deal for me to shoot big deer anymore and felt I could spend less money and travel and still fill my freezer. I think anyone would enjoy hunting this ranch if they were able to get on. Hope this helps

Comment

Write the check!

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                          He got tired of shooting a 150 every year, on opening weekend.
                          That's a good one Puddles. Lol. I know I'm gonna miss it.

Comment

I've heard lots of stories. One of the best was from one of my customers. He spent $11,000 a year (just for the lease), plenty of "she money" you know, the money, "she doesn't know about" for corn, protein, and other deer lease essentials.
                            He once told me he had been on the lease for 6 years and had only killed one buck. When he figured it up, that one buck had cost him nearly $100,000. He told me the thought of it caused him to take the buck off the wall and put it in a closet to keep himself from getting sick to the stomach. He proceeded to buy his wife and kids all a hunting license to try to get some of his money back and they couldn't tell the difference between and cow and a deer. LOL!

Comment

Coleman county, 450 acres, 4 guys, $1000/head.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                                4 families on 100 acres? Wowza
                                We were never there all at once and since it was a three hour trip down there, didn't really manage it other than taking deer who were passing through

Comment

Working...
                                X