Smoking a chuck roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking a chuck roast

Anybody done it? Its 2.24#. Smoking it, a pork butt, and some sausage for our Sunday school party tomorrow. Im assuming cook it to around 205 like a brisket. Got it rubbed tonight. Putting on around 1ish tomorrow. Eating around 7. Gonna cook them around 3-325ish.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I’ve never done one, but my dad did all the time growing up. It’s a lot denser/less fatty tighter grain meat than a brisket, but very flavorful. Slices beautifully. I’ve been itching to give one a shot.

Comment

I smoke mine at 250-275 until it hits about 200.

Comment

It’s a good piece of meat but you can dry one out pretty easy. I do them at 225 and wrap at about 160. I prove it around 200 and if it’s good I pull it off, I don’t really cook to an IT unless it’s poultry or pork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks. On that small of one, how long y'all think itll take? I injected it with mesquite with lime marinade.

Comment

I normally coat em with olive oil, montreal steak and extra black pepper. Smoke it at 225ish until it hits 150, foil it then back on the smoker until it hits 200. Put in the oven or an ice chest for an hour. Hard to beat a good smoked chuck roast.

Comment

Thx for the info. Will post pics of the cook.

Comment

Put them on at 1:30.

Comment

I grab a roast in lieu of brisket and cook the same way. Slow smoke probably up and own from 225 and not too long (4 to 8 hours and not touchy as long as heat is low and meat is offest from direct flame and heat). I wrap in foil and open up in the last hour or so to blacken. It is not Brisquit but very tasty. Simplicity salt pepper (coarse) and some garlic (dried) I add molasses sometimes which is awesome. Just drizzle some lines. Even some decent BBQ suace right up front adds some great flavor. My wood is a combination of Pear, oak and pecan most of the time. Mesquite when I can get some.

Comment

Finished product

Comment

Looks great

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

It was good! So was pulled pork and sausage.

Comment

Chuck roasts are pretty lean. Never considered smoking one.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                            Chuck roasts are pretty lean. Never considered smoking one.
                            Turned out good. I injected it, seasoned like a brisket. Added some beef broth when i wrapped it.

Comment

I did one last weekend and it turned out excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X