No announcement yet.

Hunting Trip Refund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well he has no obligation to refund the money. He might be nice and split it with you. Call him this week and be nice.

Comment

Yep, this is the exact reason they make trip insurance. It’s a gamble if you decide to buy some either way. Sorry for your family’s loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
        I think some of ya'll don't understand. Hunt was for this past week and season is over now.
        I understand now. But I don't understand why someone's personal business should affect someone else. Put yourself in his shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by mexico70 View Post
          He should give you a rain check to reschedule for next year. I think that’s fair to both parties

I don't. It's not that simple. If he gives a refund he loses that income for this year. What if he leases the property and is allowed a certain amount of bucks to be harvested each year? You can't always just make it up the following year. It's your responsibility to either show up or send a replacement hunter.

I am certainly sympathetic to the OP's predicament but it's not the outfitters fault. If he gives a full refund or allows rebooking the following year consider yourself extremely fortunate.

I personally wouldn't want to keep someones money who had a legitimate reason for not showing up. But I don't book hunts for a living. If I did my feelings would be different.

Comment

I understand your frustration, I booked a pronghorn hunt last year and was called for jury duty, and gave the owner a 3 month notice before the hunt and he refused to give me a refund, I was very disappointed that he chose to go the no refund route, but unfortunately
            Couldn’t find a solution

Comment

No

Comment

Please update us when you talk to him.

Comment

My guess would be that he doesn’t even have the funds to return your money.

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

I'm not even sure I'd ask for a refund. He had no time to rebook and did nothing on his end to warrant one.

Not trying to be a hard arse but it is what it is. Don't even think I'd ask for a rain check. As m16 and a few others said most of these guys run lean and that's money for the year which he's never getting back through a refund or rain check.

It's too bad he was out of pocket which hurt communication.

Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                      I'm not even sure I'd ask for a refund. He had no time to rebook and did nothing on his end to warrant one.

Not trying to be a hard arse but it is what it is. Don't even think I'd ask for a rain check. As m16 and a few others said most of these guys run lean and that's money for the year which he's never getting back through a refund or rain check.

It's too bad he was out of pocket which hurt communication.

Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

The answer is always NO if you don’t ask. Just a bad deal all the way around. I’d at least ask if there is anything they can work out and hope the outfitter is understanding and will to try to do something to work with you on a reschedule next year, partial refund or something. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, but I feel you or SOL on the hunt. Does not hurt to ask.

Comment

On the upside you got two days of your life back for not having to make that drive back & forth from Houston to Sanderson.

Comment

Thanks everyone.
                            Talked with the booker today and he said 50% refund 50% towards a hunt next year. Very blessed to have someone who understood the situation.

Comment

That's pretty good right there.

Comment

Awesome news!

Comment

Working...
                                X