Night vision Scope Recommendation Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night vision Scope Recommendation Needed

Looking at purchasing a night vision scope for my AR10 to use for pig and predator control.

Would like to stay under $1,000. Shots would be 100 yards or less.

Been looking at the ATN X-Sight 4k Pro but wanted to see what the GS says!

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sightmark Wraith

Comment

I know you’re set on a budget but save up and get a good thermal. NV is fun but thermal hunting is 1000 times better. Like rifle to bow hunting lol. Can find some deals right now on thermal units from 2k and up. Very good units too

Comment

If you are truly looking to limit yourself to 100 yards or less you can get an ATN Thor 4 1.25-5 Thermal for $1600 and then get a $200 mail in rebate through December 31. I know that is outside your budget some but just giving options. You can see heat out to 6-800 yards with it or further, begin to recognize and ID at 2-300 yards depending on creature, and really 100% id 150 yards and in coyote size and up with no issues. If you are looking at NV with IR then the 4k Pro is a great sight and the Wraith is as well. Clear fields of view in the IR scopes are great, but anything between you and target can start to reflect light a and make some scenarios challenging. The Photon RT that Academy had would be great at $300 if you can find one.

Comment

Thanks for the input!

This would primarily be for controlling hogs when they show up at our ranch. At which point we wouldn't have any trouble getting within 100 yards.

Since I know I wouldn't use it very often I just find it hard to justify spending a lot on something that will sit in the safe. That's why the $1,000 or less budget.

The ATN 4k was appealing because it is a day & night scope.

Comment

I have the Sightmark Wraith and it works very well for controlling hogs.

Comment

I’m gonna make a suggestion here. Make the investment in a thermal scope. When your not pig hunting, take the scope off and use it as a monocular for scanning for deer. I promise you won’t regret it. I’d go with the Pulsar brand itwm

Comment

Sightmark wraith and then a coyote cannon IR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                  I’m gonna make a suggestion here. Make the investment in a thermal scope. When your not pig hunting, take the scope off and use it as a monocular for scanning for deer. I promise you won’t regret it. I’d go with the Pulsar brand itwm
                  100% agree....I've got a Pulsar and it's changed the game. There is simply no comparison between thermal and NV....

Comment

I have this one available in the classifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
                      100% agree....I've got a Pulsar and it's changed the game. There is simply no comparison between thermal and NV....
                      X2

Comment

I have the atn 4k love it so far.

Comment

Thanks for all the input!

Think I am going to look harder at the thermal options. The more research I do the more I am liking thermal!

Comment

jstanton, my uncle has night vision scope called AGM WOLF-14 NL3, and it helps him in the darkest nights. It the simplest choice from manufacturer AGM ( these guys: https://www.agmglobalvision.com/ ). Almost every other night vision or thermal scope is much greater in price, and of course with all the efforts as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X