No announcement yet.

150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not quite maybe 135-140. But still a great looking buck.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I see 140... Not 150

Comment

138-140 nice deer

Comment

140 Something inch deer,How long do u think his beams are?

Comment

High 30’s

Comment

high 30's low 40's. His left 3 and main beams are holding him back. If he a 2 more inches on each beam and a left 3 that matched his right I'd say he would be very dang close.

Comment

No he won't!

Comment

Comment

150 smiles? Absolutely! That's all that matters! If u shot him and he only scored 144, would u be less happy?

Comment

I don’t think he does. Low to mid 140’s.

Comment

Nope

Comment

I've hunted this area my entire life, been lucky enough to shoot a 165 by rifle, 175 1/8 with my bow and many 130-140 class bucks. Our deer are some of the hardest to judge because their body size can vary quite a bit. I may not be your best advisor but after years in the outdoors industry I am so tired of us all feeling like a buck needs to meet a score threshold to be worthy of shooting. I always try to narrow down exactly what I think they'll score, take off 10 inches and if I still want the deer go get his *****. There are also all of the factors that none of the internet experts saying you need to let them pass until they're 5.5 or 6.5 yrs old understand about the area. Unless you're on over 1-2k acres you've got an insane risk of a neighbor shooting it. Right now I'm on a little 100 acre spot and have blinds/feeders in LITERALLY every direction from mine. I had 8 bucks coming in early season that are 3.5 and of those 4 will/would be scaring mid 150's next year with good weather. I had 2 4.5 yr olds. I struggled for over a month on whether I should shoot the bigger of them due to everyone's opinions. Ultimately, I had a come to Jesus moment and had to ask myself WTH I was even doing? I wanted the dang thing! He was an amazing deer. He kicked my butt for an entire month of HARD hunting. I mean hunting 5 days a week morning and evening. After he ducked 2 of my arrows at 40 yards I finally got him. I have more pride in that deer than my giants. As a side note the other 4.5 yr old 8 point I hoped would make it until next season hasn't been to my feeder since the second week of November... If you like that buck and it's not at least a 60% chance he will make it until next year... get after it brotha! As a reference I'll post trail cam pic and some live pics of my deer. I had hoped he'd make mid to high 140s but used my rule of thumb taking off 10". Everyone I sent it to thought high 140s - low 150s. It was 141, but who cares!!! We've been eating every bit of him and are already running low on meat! Hopefully I can score on my James Daughtrey WMA hunt later this month!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by tellewis; 12-17-2019, 08:09 PM.

Comment

No he won't

Comment

No. Prolly 140

Comment

Working...
                                X