Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heading out for a 6 day catfishing trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading out for a 6 day catfishing trip!

Leaving at noon. Gong down to the Nueces River about 7 miles below the 59 bridge where we have a cabin.

Will be looking for any large catfish on the prowl. If any TBHer is running the river feel free to stop and say hi. My dock is an old pontoon boat and if I'm at the cabin it will have my 18' Bass Tracker with 90 Merc tied to it. 7-8 miles down river from 59 bridge on the right side.

If I'm out in the boat just look for the guy holding the catfish like in my picture

Good Luck & be safe!

Comment

Post pics!

Comment

Good luck, weather should be good for next 6 days.

Comment

Post pics. And I hope you have a working shower.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            Good Luck & be safe!
            Drive on over to George West for a couple days. Then take home enough catfish to fill your freezer.

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            Post pics!
            Plan to try. A lot of the good pictures will have to wait. My daughter will have her good camera down there Saturday.

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
            Good luck, weather should be good for next 6 days.
            Hoping the overcast will get the big ones moving more.

Originally posted by toledo View Post
            Post pics. And I hope you have a working shower.
            We have one. It's pretty much a house with 2 showers. Not that I'll try and stay clean. I'm not Riverrat for nothing!

Comment

Awesome, I’m jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                Drive on over to George West for a couple days. Then take home enough catfish to fill your freezer.
                Thanks for the invite. Getting ready to head to SS for a week or so!!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                  Thanks for the invite. Getting ready to head to SS for a week or so!!
                  That's way too much work for spring break LOL That's why I'm heading south. Going to work 2x as hard fishing!

Comment

Leaving at noon. Gong down to the Nueces River about 7 miles below the 59 bridge where we have a cabin.

Will be looking for any large catfish on the prowl. If any TBHer is running the river feel free to stop and say hi. My dock is an old pontoon boat and if I'm at the cabin it will have my 18' Bass Tracker with 90 Merc tied to it. 7-8 miles down river from 59 bridge on the right side.

If I'm out in the boat just look for the guy holding the catfish like in my picture
                    Dang boy, you done contradicted yoreseff again!! This ain't the PACE forum!!
                    You said u wuz looking for "LARGE" fish then referred to the puny little minner in your avatar pic...

Well, anyhow hope you catch some good un's! That's about the best eatin' fish that comes out the water IF you know how to clean 'em!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Dang boy, you done contradicted yoreseff again!! This ain't the PACE forum!!
                      You said u wuz looking for "LARGE" fish then referred to the puny little minner in your avatar pic...

Well, anyhow hope you catch some good un's! That's about the best eatin' fish that comes out the water IF you know how to clean 'em!!
                      The one I'm holding is only 23 pounds. Hoping for a 50 pounder.

When decide before leaving the dock if we plan to keep or CPR each morning. If keeping them we lop off their tails and put in the live well to keep them alive. Meat can't be any whiter and zero red to clean off. I'll try to get pictures when cleaning.

Comment

Are the white bass still running down there or are they done? I’m sure I have passed by your place while catching them, but never catfished down there. Y’all rod and reel fishing or running lines?

Comment

Good luck to you, wear the ol life jacket.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Tim, I was just messin' with ya! That op in your avatar is a fine specimen! I used to target bigguns years ago... Here's one that went 86 pounds...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Best one from Livingston.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	24574775

Waitin' on LDFP's rat now!

What do you bait with? We usually used sun perch, goggle eye, polywogs or bream...

Comment

The one I'm holding is only 23 pounds. Hoping for a 50 pounder.

When decide before leaving the dock if we plan to keep or CPR each morning. If keeping them we lop off their tails and put in the live well to keep them alive. Meat can't be any whiter and zero red to clean off. I'll try to get pictures when cleaning.
                              Elaborate, please.

Comment

Working...
                              X