Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sequestered disc issue (spine/lower back)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sequestered disc issue (spine/lower back)

Ive never had back problems until/ince August ive had some sciatic nerve pain. Wife talked me into going to chiropractor in October. I was on a steady inrease of feeling better until the day after Christmas. Had an mri done yesterday and shows an extruded and sequestered disc at L5 S1 nerve. The disc piece is rubbing on the nerve and causing some major pain down my right leg. All that to ask if anyone has had this problem and was it able to be resolved without surgery? Trying to get into my primary but chiropractor said surgery is pretty much my only option.
    Just started a new job 3 weeks ago.....I dont want to ask for a week off possibly two for surgery and im not sure how much they want a guy doing work that has back issues first rattle put of the box.
    Been sleeping in kids bean bag chair for the last 4 nights for some relief lol.

You may try getting injections. Some folks it does great things to. Most folks get a few months relief up to a year or more. I’m not that lucky but in your case I think I may try

Comment

We do "injections", not sure injection would help with a loose piece floating around but I will survey my docs and see what they think.

Probably a less invasive surgery but still will be some down time for recovery

Comment

Are working this all through your chiro, or have you been to a orthopedic surgeon or neuro-surgeon?

I ask because my wife has been having bad sciatic pain like you describe. Her chiro suggested we go to a good orthopedic surgeon, and we did. We saw him last Friday, and he ordered a MRI for her. She gets the MRI next Monday.

Comment

I'm in the medical field. I have 2 imaging centers. What you describe is about a 2 inch incision, in and out same day. Depending on your line of work, will determine your time off.
          Doesn't sound to bad, chiro or PT wont touch that. If you do get a ESI, it might last a week, maybe a month, maybe 6 months. It varies. What doesn't vary tho, is those patients usually end up getting surgery. Many do, not all.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            We do "injections", not sure injection would help with a loose piece floating around but I will survey my docs and see what they think.

Probably a less invasive surgery but still will be some down time for recovery
            Chiro says down time wont be too long, but only being at the job 3 weeks im concerned with how they will see it.
            Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
            Are working this all through your chiro, or have you been to a orthopedic surgeon or neuro-surgeon?

I ask because my wife has been having bad sciatic pain like you describe. Her chiro suggested we go to a good orthopedic surgeon, and we did. We saw him last Friday, and he ordered a MRI for her. She gets the MRI next Monday.
            Ive been dealing with chiro only. He gave me the business cars to the neurosurgeon in Dallas he wants me to use to get a consult. Trying to get into my primary care doctor today to get his thoughts.

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
            I'm in the medical field. I have 2 imaging centers. What you describe is about a 2 inch incision, in and out same day. Depending on your line of work, will determine your time off.
            Doesn't sound to bad, chiro or PT wont touch that. If you do get a ESI, it might last a week, maybe a month, maybe 6 months. It varies. What doesn't vary tho, is those patients usually end up getting surgery. Many do, not all.
            I was hoping to avoid surgery all together but if i could put it off a year that would be much better.
            Ive got 2 things that bother me alot about this is 1 ive never had back issues then boom this. And the job i realise my health should come first but i need to feel them out and see what my options are with them. Im inside 90 days and it would be easy for them to tell me to packy bags instead of dealing with it. Or at least thats my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
              Pretty much what I was going to type

Comment

Been dealing with it for 16 years now. Finally went and seen a neurosurgeon last week and we are finally doing surgery. L4 l5-S1. I know all to well what your going through. If you have any questions shoot me a pm. I'm no doctor but been dealing with it long enough to know what your going through.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X