Predators! Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predators! Help

I believe our place is being over hunted. Not by us but the bobcats and coyotes. We see bobcats probably 3 out of 5 hunts. Most of the time we can’t get a shot off. We killed 4 or 5 yotes while deer hunting this year. Deer sightings have gone way down over the last couple of years. Place is too far away to run snares. I don’t know what to do. Any advice from the green screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thermal scope and an electric call

I have both and I am willing to help you out if you arent too far away.

Comment

Get a local trapper out there to run traps. Thermal and calling helps but it's easy to quickly overcall most places.

Comment

find some good people near you and let them use your place for a varmint competition and I bet they can put a good dent in that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
          Get a local trapper out there to run traps. Thermal and calling helps but it's easy to quickly overcall most places.
          This is great advice. Call the county ag. Office. They probably have a trapper they recommend.

Comment

What area are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
              I agree with this. Calling is fun and all but in the grand scheme of things a good trapping program is way more beneficial.

Comment

I’d be down to go call that place when I get off

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                  What area are you in?

Rusk county. East Texas

Comment

What is the hog population like? They have greater potential to impact deer populations than coyotes or bobcats.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
                      Rusk county. East Texas

How close to Henderson are you. I grew up there and have a few buddies that might could help

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                        What is the hog population like? They have greater potential to impact deer populations than coyotes or bobcats.

We saw more hogs a few years back. They are there but I really think it’s the bobcats. It’s crazy how many there are. I really think the deer have moved off the property due to the pressure.

Comment

We had a few cats on our place and I think they really were worse on fawns than coyotes
                          You really could use some thermal help.

Comment

Originally posted by LMiz View Post
                            Thermal scope and an electric call

I have both and I am willing to help you out if you arent too far away.
                            X2. I’d be more than willing to help thin them out at night with a call.

Comment

I would love to come take out some cats

Comment

Working...
                              X