Got called by scammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got called by scammer

"CenterPoint" called my office and talked with my assistant. They said they had to talk to me, that if they did not hear from me within 30 minutes, they would turn off my gas She freaked and called me with the contact info.

I call and phone system sounded "official". It answered CenterPoint and led you through a series of choices to get your customer service rep,Robert Davis . He answers and asks me if this is my address. He reads it off to me. He said account was tagged, and a service ticket would be issued, if I did not take care of issue. That my meter would be turned off. I asked what was the issue. He said it could be behind in payment, leak, etc.

He said how did you pay last time. I said online, but shouldn't you know that?
    He said they needed a deposit to stop service interruption. I am laughing to myself by now. I payed my bill online this morning, today is do date. He tells me that money will be refunded if it is not my fault, but he needs a deposit of $299.00. I laugh at him and tell him my bill was only $53. I got give him credit, he never got out off character even though I was laughing at him.

He knew my address and work phone number. They read it off to you and it makes it sound real. Just thought I would warn the green screen.

I had the one about my social security card. I had them on the phone for about 30 min. hehe. In the end, they asked for my full name. in which they had already told me. I gave them a fake middle name. now they are confused. I started laughing and they hung up on me.

another one was my son got a credit card from the bank. his mom got a little upset. so she took him to the bank. someone open credit under his name and stuck $100 in it. well, they closed it and gave my son the $100. hahaha

I love it when they call. It's so much fun. I made one so mad he said well I'm F%$# your sister. I laughed and said that's funny so am I. he hung up.

no one is fun on the phone anymore. heheheheeh

Comment

My son loves it when these people call.

He likes to torture them on the phone until they get mad & hang up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
        I had the one about my social security card. I had them on the phone for about 30 min. hehe. In the end, they asked for my full name. in which they had already told me. I gave them a fake middle name. now they are confused. I started laughing and they hung up on me.

another one was my son got a credit card from the bank. his mom got a little upset. so she took him to the bank. someone open credit under his name and stuck $100 in it. well, they closed it and gave my son the $100. hahaha

I love it when they call. It's so much fun. I made one so mad he said well I'm F%$# your sister. I laughed and said that's funny so am I. he hung up.

no one is fun on the phone anymore. heheheheeh
        We never knew you had a dark side...........

Comment

Working...
        X