Loft in the shop doors finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loft in the shop doors finished

Built some doors for the loft. I think they turned out pretty good for a rookie!
    Attached Files

Not bad. I may be doing this soon, did you buy the slide rack to hang it from or build it?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Not bad. I may be doing this soon, did you buy the slide rack to hang it from or build it?
      I bought the hardware. I think it was about 70 bucks for the kit

Comment

I built the same thing and they warped over time. I wonder if you need to put a clear coat on them to prevent it. I guess if you use wood that has been acclimated to the space it might not warp.

Comment

Those look great!

Comment

I built some last week. Similar design. Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you going to build stairs to access the loft, or just use a ladder, when you need to?

I didn't want to take up space, with stairs, and didn't want to climb a vertical ladder, carrying junk, so I put in a set of pull down attic stairs. They work very well, for the occasional use.

Comment

Some talented dudes on here, very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                  Are you going to build stairs to access the loft, or just use a ladder, when you need to?

I didn't want to take up space, with stairs, and didn't want to climb a vertical ladder, carrying junk, so I put in a set of pull down attic stairs. They work very well, for the occasional use.
                  I was thinking on adding attic stairs but I am also thinking about building a set of stairs that I can raise up with a winch when I am not using them.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                    I built the same thing and they warped over time. I wonder if you need to put a clear coat on them to prevent it. I guess if you use wood that has been acclimated to the space it might not warp.
                    I actually used liquid nail on every board between the cedar and the pine and then screwed them together. I am hoping that it will keep them from warping. I might have to seal them at some point though.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
                      I built some last week. Similar design. Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                      Those look great!

Comment

Looks good.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X