Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-17-2020, 10:12 PM   #51
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In camo

Bohnam area leases

Prestine land creek's lakes ponds trails and shooting lanes. Deer fish duck doves hogs Year around access.
1. 640 acres has over 14 miles of criss crossing logging roads for shooting g lanes. Electric and water available $2650 each x 7 guns
2. 280 and 160 acres near Bonham about 70 miles north east of Dallas need group of 5 and 3 people. $2650 each adult x 5 or 3 people for 280 or 160 acres ranches.
Call 9727559292
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 10:14 PM   #52
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Bow lease. Eastland county
Hunt deer and hogs over feeder in place from 16 ft tripod This is an existing proven stand all the work is done.
app. 60 acres $1800 (part of the 250 acres)
There is room for another stand for your hunting buddy at $1500
Possible hog hunting with rifle in the off season could be added
I request that WE TALK on the telephone if you are interested
CALL ONLY 817-366-4916
Eight one seven three six six four nine one six
Old 01-17-2020, 11:24 PM   #53
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Smith County

Quote:
Originally Posted by TildenHunter View Post

Not mine. Just saw this on FB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thatís a TBHer
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-18-2020, 12:01 AM   #54
droebuck
Ten Point

Hunt In: Menard County

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
I got an email back about this place. It was through the same place (outfit) as mentioned below:
Appreciate the heads up.
droebuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-18-2020, 08:08 AM   #55
Johnson
Four Point

Hunt In: Mexico

I may have one spot in Hall county. There will be 4 spots total on 2560 ac @ $3500 per spot. Has water, electric, and cabin ( two trailer houses). There is white tail and mule deer. Looking for a person that doesn't mind passing up younger deer to let age. Looking for a person that doesn't come to the deer lease to party. PM me for more info.
Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-18-2020, 09:48 AM   #56
Farmdog
Ten Point

Looking for a pasture for myself only in Mexico, must allow guests. needs to be around 1500 acres, but if its good I can hunt 500.6k budget, also will consider a pasture for my family in deep South Tx. 100 dollar finders fee included 12k budget, beer friendly only Please, thanks for any headsup info you have
Farmdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2020, 02:28 PM   #57
Farmdog
Ten Point

My PM box is full! I will sift thru you guys one at a time
Old 01-20-2020, 03:31 PM   #58
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

SE Oklahoma Lease

LONG POST-- Serious inquiries only please as we need this property leased by February 1st. We have 2,500 +/- acres with over 3 miles of Red River frontage in Choctaw County, Oklahoma. # of hunters is up to you as landowner has no requirement, however we'd recommend no more than 8-10 if all deer hunters. It could be divided with duck hunters/deer hunters to help with overall cost. Directly across the Red River from Paris, Texas it is right around 2 - 2.5 hours from most areas of DFW. Price is $10/acre. Group of 6 hunters came to view property in Spring 2019, joined, came back for a weekend in July to drop off feeders, then hunted 1 weekend during the season and never returned and are non responsive to our contact attempts. 1 other member is a fireman who harvested a 165" archery buck in 2018 and will not be able to rejoin this season due to new job. This has caused an urgent need to get these spots filled as soon as possible. Lease dues are 50% January 1st, 50% July 1st. Only 1/2 is required now to reserve the lease for 2020. Looking for a group to lease this as a whole, not individuals due to time constraints. I will make myself as available as I can the next 11 days to show the property to serious lessees only. Our property managers can remain in place to assist in year round management for a corporate lease group if desired. UTV or ATV is an absolute must to be able to get around the property.
Here is a link to more details about the property on our website: https://www.fowl-farms.com/hunt-clubs/
Here is a link to some images of the property and a few trail cams from 2018/2019, I have plenty more pictures of property and trail cams available at request: https://www.fowl-farms.com/photos/ca...b/1/#Portfolio
This is not South Texas, its Southeast Oklahoma. If you are looking for a place to see 10-20 deer every sit, this is not the place for you. Quality deer are absolutely there for those willing to put in the time. The previous state record was killed directly across the gravel road. The property has been primarily bow hunted 2018-2019. Two 160" + bucks have been taken in 2018. 1 by archery, 1 by rifle. 3 food plots currently planted (will need maintenance), plenty of other locations available for more to be added. 6-8 tree stands can be left in place if desired for your group, otherwise they will be taken down and used on our other bow only properties. There are no rifle blinds, but you can bring in your own stands/feeders. PLENTY of hogs for year round hunting or for clients if corporate lease. Cattle are present on some areas of the property. Below are a few aerials with markers of current stands, feeders, duck hunting spots, etc. Feeders will be removed. This lease is also posted in other areas, as well as been sent out to our waiting list.
This is not necessarily first come first serve even though we are under time constraint. We want management minded, long term group. Priority will be given to first group we feel will be the best fit. This is all I can think of for now, but more than happy to answer your questions via email or phone. Colby@fowl-farms.com or 469-763-4799 text or call. $500 referral fee if you assist in helping us fill this lease.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:52 PM   #59
BubbaHFD
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brackettville

Ttt so we can get some more spots on here......I'm looking hard for a place with 1-3 spots with axis
BubbaHFD is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2020, 11:30 PM   #60
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Seen on Book of Faces

1500 acs +/- located in Schleicher county 22 miles south of Menard off HWY 190. Very nice rolling terrian with oak, mesquite, and cedar. We have protein fed and managed the place for the last 5 years and have seen an improvement each season.
We have a very healthy white tail population, as well as turkey, dove, hogs and a few axis. There is 6 total spots with 3 openings. Each spot will get 1 trophy WT 5.5 years or older, unlimited culls, 3 does, 4 turkey, and any hogs or varmints you see. This is a family friendly lease with guest privilege's as well. There is a camp site with water and electricity with a couple of RV plugs. There is no septic. All spots have pens, and protein feeders at them. Some of the open spots have stands and corn feeders as well. We feed protein from February to September. There is water trough throughout the property. This is a working sheep ranch. I am looking for a group to take all 3 spots. Each spot cost $3500 for the year. This is a year round lease with year round excess. I'm looking for management minded family oriented hunter's that want a long term place to enjoy for many years. Please call me with any questions. Robert 817-448-4709
Old 01-21-2020, 09:30 AM   #61
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

300 Acre Hunting Lease For 3 Members $9k Total Per Year.

Brad, Tx
Great small hunting lease just West of Brad Texas. Deer Turkey Dove Duck hogs and fishing. Electricity at campsite. Looking for a complete group.
Several ponds Good cover. Perfect for a. Family.

https://adventureministry.ecwid.com/300-Acre-Hunting-Lease-For-3-Members-$9k-Total-Per-Year-p135838007
Old 01-21-2020, 09:37 AM   #62
Tshelly
Ten Point

Hunt In: Walker, Montgomery, Trinity, & Lee

Tagged

Tshelly is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2020, 11:05 AM   #63
Abu_dude
Ten Point

I'm in for the follow. If anyone is looking a for an adder person let me know. I've got a garage full of feeders and stands with $2500 in cash in hand. Would like to get on something soon!
Abu_dude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2020, 11:04 PM   #64
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

https://www2.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwi...ls.php?id=1274

Lease ID: 1274
Date Listed: 2020-01-21
Owner's User ID: MartinRanch
Ranch name: Loma Seco 1200 Acres
County: Edwards
Acres: 1200
Hunters: 1
Cost: $40000 per hunter.
Lease Type: year-round
Means allowed: rifle, shotgun, handgun, black powder, archery
Game available: deer, turkey, feral hogs, quail, migratory birds, small game, exotics
Property description: Loma Seco 1200 acres, high fenced, right off paved RR 2523 northeast of Del Rio, nice cabin, blinds, feeders, pens included. Trophy whitetail, MLDP season, Axis, Blackbuck, Etc.
Lease description: Loma Seco 1200 Acre Hunting Lease - Located in southwest Edwards County directly off Ranch Road 2523 just 25 min northeast of Del Rio - 1,200 acres of high-fenced, rugged cedar terrain - Whitetail, Turkey, Birds, Exotics, Varmints, and Predators included - Various rugged terrain; open areas for long shots, deep canyons/arroyos for cover - Road system best suited for ATVs or 4WD vehicles - Seeking small group, family, or corporate lease structure. - Lodging includes first class duplex style cabin...fully loaded! - Yearly contract with option for extensions; work directly with landowner to establish trusted relationship - Level 3 MLD provides over 10 whitetail bucks & does per year! Axis bulls/cows also included! - $40,000 first year; progressive years 2-5.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:12 AM   #65
FlatsFisher
Nubbin' Buck

If anyone is interested in a lease in south Texas Iím looking for 1 gun/family to join me in Hebbronville. Itís a small place, 150 acres, but it borders the Jones Ranch and is covered up with wildlife. I have blinds, protein feeders, and set up to feed cottonseed already. There are some corn feeders but theyíve seen better days. The extra blinds are 4x6 and a year old, your more than welcome to use them. The way itís set up now is each hunter has their own blind, and 1 community blind for a change of scenery, or a place for guest to hunt.

There is a camp area, I have a big tank for water and use a generator for power. Shoot me a message if youíre interested. Looking for someone family oriented, my wife and kids come out with me sometimes...no issue with drinking or having a good time. Iíve been on the place 2 years, and have never seen or had issues with illegals.

Itís a 3 buck county, and the goal is to shoot a mature trophy buck, and a cull/management buck. If we see more ďtrueĒ culls itís negotiable. There are also a large number of doe there, and honestly more need to be taken. Itís not uncommon for me to see 20-30 deer every time the feeder goes off.

If youíre interested let me know. Lease runs Feb 1-Jan 31. Available game is Deer, Turkey, Hog, Quail, and Dove. Cost is $3750.00/gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FlatsFisher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2020, 09:40 AM   #66
Farmdog
Ten Point

are you the owner? Its just ur family? Looks nice
Old 01-22-2020, 10:57 AM   #67
elliscountyhog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: WG Outdoors on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
SE Oklahoma Lease

LONG POST-- Serious inquiries only please as we need this property leased by February 1st. We have 2,500 +/- acres with over 3 miles of Red River frontage in Choctaw County, Oklahoma. # of hunters is up to you as landowner has no requirement, however we'd recommend no more than 8-10 if all deer hunters. It could be divided with duck hunters/deer hunters to help with overall cost. Directly across the Red River from Paris, Texas it is right around 2 - 2.5 hours from most areas of DFW. Price is $10/acre. Group of 6 hunters came to view property in Spring 2019, joined, came back for a weekend in July to drop off feeders, then hunted 1 weekend during the season and never returned and are non responsive to our contact attempts. 1 other member is a fireman who harvested a 165" archery buck in 2018 and will not be able to rejoin this season due to new job. This has caused an urgent need to get these spots filled as soon as possible. Lease dues are 50% January 1st, 50% July 1st. Only 1/2 is required now to reserve the lease for 2020. Looking for a group to lease this as a whole, not individuals due to time constraints. I will make myself as available as I can the next 11 days to show the property to serious lessees only. Our property managers can remain in place to assist in year round management for a corporate lease group if desired. UTV or ATV is an absolute must to be able to get around the property.
Here is a link to more details about the property on our website: https://www.fowl-farms.com/hunt-clubs/
Here is a link to some images of the property and a few trail cams from 2018/2019, I have plenty more pictures of property and trail cams available at request: https://www.fowl-farms.com/photos/ca...b/1/#Portfolio
This is not South Texas, its Southeast Oklahoma. If you are looking for a place to see 10-20 deer every sit, this is not the place for you. Quality deer are absolutely there for those willing to put in the time. The previous state record was killed directly across the gravel road. The property has been primarily bow hunted 2018-2019. Two 160" + bucks have been taken in 2018. 1 by archery, 1 by rifle. 3 food plots currently planted (will need maintenance), plenty of other locations available for more to be added. 6-8 tree stands can be left in place if desired for your group, otherwise they will be taken down and used on our other bow only properties. There are no rifle blinds, but you can bring in your own stands/feeders. PLENTY of hogs for year round hunting or for clients if corporate lease. Cattle are present on some areas of the property. Below are a few aerials with markers of current stands, feeders, duck hunting spots, etc. Feeders will be removed. This lease is also posted in other areas, as well as been sent out to our waiting list.
This is not necessarily first come first serve even though we are under time constraint. We want management minded, long term group. Priority will be given to first group we feel will be the best fit. This is all I can think of for now, but more than happy to answer your questions via email or phone. Colby@fowl-farms.com or 469-763-4799 text or call. $500 referral fee if you assist in helping us fill this lease.
LEASED. Just FYI
elliscountyhog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2020, 11:08 AM   #68
Farmdog
Ten Point

They go fast on this side of the river for sure
Old 01-22-2020, 02:46 PM   #69
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Old 01-22-2020, 04:54 PM   #70
Tshelly
Ten Point

Hunt In: Walker, Montgomery, Trinity, & Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliscountyhog View Post
LEASED. Just FYI

I saw this. Looked like a cool place. Congrats if yíall leases it.

Tshelly is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2020, 07:30 PM   #71
acearrow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cooke County

Quote:
Bohnam area leases

Prestine land creek's lakes ponds trails and shooting lanes. Deer fish duck doves hogs Year around access.
1. 640 acres has over 14 miles of criss crossing logging roads for shooting g lanes. Electric and water available $2650 each x 7 guns
2. 280 and 160 acres near Bonham about 70 miles north east of Dallas need group of 5 and 3 people. $2650 each adult x 5 or 3 people for 280 or 160 acres ranches.
Call 9727559292
This one seems to be up every year.
acearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2020, 08:54 PM   #72
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Quote:
LEASED. Just FYI
did you lease it Richard
Old 01-23-2020, 04:54 PM   #73
FlatsFisher
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmdog View Post
are you the owner? Its just ur family? Looks nice

No, just lease the place and yes just me and my family. Showing it to someone tomorrow, Iíll delete/edit post when spot is taken.

FlatsFisher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2020, 05:07 PM   #74
tfrye
Eight Point

Hunt In: Jack County

tagged
tfrye is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2020, 05:53 PM   #75
BigDraw
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas & Colorado

Quote:
LEASED. Just FYI
I would be interested in a spot, if you need to fill one.
Thanks
Bert
BigDraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2020, 07:35 PM   #76
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Default 2020 Available Leases... Post them here

https://www2.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwi...ils.php?id=639

Old 01-24-2020, 11:01 PM   #77
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Atascosa county. 450 acres HIGH fenced with improved genetics. Several 200” deer to harvest this year. Facilities are very nice. 3bd/2bth house. Pole barn, walk in cooler/freezer, outdoor patio/kitchen area. MLD Tags will be used. 3-4 trophies and 10-12 does on average year. Guest allowed. Really nice place. PM me for pictures if you’re truly interested. LO sounds like a good guy. Been texting with him for a couple hours. All legal hunting means allowed.
$10/acre /$45000 yearly
Old 01-25-2020, 11:28 PM   #78
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Glasscock county lease. 1788 acres 2 huntineg only.

Old 01-26-2020, 12:56 AM   #79
88 Bound
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
3900 acre Rocksprings/Sonora corporate lease.

This is a corporate/group lease on 3900 acres in the Rocksprings/Sonora area. Beautiful country. This ranch has been on a protein feeding program for the better part of 20 years and some large deer in the 150/160 class have been taken over the last few years. This ranch has one of the largest turkey roosts in the state as well. A good population of Axis deer as well. We want a group that will continue the protein feeding for at least 6 months out of the year, and who will manage the deer herd for large deer. Will need references. Corporate groups may bring clients but they will need to be accompanied at all times by members. We had been affected by Anthrax last year, but our deer numbers have already increased to a large degree based on our cameras. Looking for a long-term group.

- $55,000 a year ($14 an acre)
- Up to 14 guns max
- 14 trophy, 14 culls, 30-50 does annually
- 5 trophy axis, 5 axis does (this is the first year only. We may end up allowing more Axis in the future but we
want to put in a management plan for the Axis deer this year and see where we're at)
- 4 turkeys per gun permitted
- 3 br/2 ba lodge included

Please text two 1 for sics eight 2 one for too 0 for more info

Curious if you have more info on this one?
88 Bound is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2020, 01:40 AM   #80
Muddy Bud
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Hogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatsFisher View Post
If anyone is interested in a lease in south Texas Iím looking for 1 gun/family to join me in Hebbronville. Itís a small place, 150 acres, but it borders the Jones Ranch and is covered up with wildlife. I have blinds, protein feeders, and set up to feed cottonseed already. There are some corn feeders but theyíve seen better days. The extra blinds are 4x6 and a year old, your more than welcome to use them. The way itís set up now is each hunter has their own blind, and 1 community blind for a change of scenery, or a place for guest to hunt.

There is a camp area, I have a big tank for water and use a generator for power. Shoot me a message if youíre interested. Looking for someone family oriented, my wife and kids come out with me sometimes...no issue with drinking or having a good time. Iíve been on the place 2 years, and have never seen or had issues with illegals.

Itís a 3 buck county, and the goal is to shoot a mature trophy buck, and a cull/management buck. If we see more ďtrueĒ culls itís negotiable. There are also a large number of doe there, and honestly more need to be taken. Itís not uncommon for me to see 20-30 deer every time the feeder goes off.

If youíre interested let me know. Lease runs Feb 1-Jan 31. Available game is Deer, Turkey, Hog, Quail, and Dove. Cost is $3750.00/gun

PM Sent
Muddy Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2020, 02:48 AM   #81
Duckhead78
Four Point

Hunt In: Texas

Anyone have any information on available leases in East Texas? Jasper, Angelina, Tyler, Sabine, Shelby or Panola Counties?
Duckhead78 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2020, 10:16 AM   #82
BradBryant1000
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mason, TX

Quote:
Glasscock county lease. 1788 acres 2 huntineg only.

I don't anything about that area. How's the hunting in that general area?

Last edited by BradBryant1000; 01-26-2020 at 10:52 AM.
BradBryant1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2020, 11:52 AM   #83
JAGR
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Following.

JAGR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2020, 11:55 AM   #84
RRagan83
Ten Point

Hunt In: Schleicher, Edwards, Kimble, and McCulloch county

Last edited by RRagan83; 01-26-2020 at 11:57 AM.
RRagan83 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2020, 11:57 AM   #85
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Bound View Post
Curious if you have more info on this one?
I do and itís not good. But hard by anthrax. Another tbh member PMíd me about it. He got off bc of how bad it got. PM if youíd like and I can elaborate on what I was told.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:58 AM   #86
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
I don't anything about that area. How's the hunting in that general area?
Personally never hunted there but do work in that general area a lot. Lots of oil field traffic. Do see deer quite often but always off in the distance. Varmint hunting will be spectacular out there
Old 01-27-2020, 01:21 PM   #87
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

LOOKING FOR FIVE HUNTERS For 6,000 acre South Texas Hunting Lease
Lease Details: Family Lease, 32 members total w/ liberal guest privileges, 3 bedroom nice camp house w/ full kitch, ele, H2O, bathroom, ice machine, large smoker, 600sf Screened in porch, carports for your off road vehicles , gas and charcoal grill. Located 9 miles off paved road through 5 gates approx 15mi SW of Concan, 25mi NW of Uvalde. 1 trophy buck, 1 cull buck &1 doe per year, 2 Exotics (Aoudad, Red Stag, Kudu, Axis) lots of hogs and turkeys, Full year round access,
Rugged, rocky, mesas & deep canyons, cedar & mesquite infested terrain best suited for ATV & UTV travel. Cows are the only managed livestock on property (most of which are removed prior to deer season), good current core group of members, large 7’ Fire pit, camp utility trailer to haul firewood, corn, feeders, blinds etc., ...$3500 / yr.

My opinion from the last eighteen years of hunting this ranch is that we have up to 140 class Max deer. Property is remote (just the way we like it) but very comfortable with most every amenity required to grab two big handfulls of the great outdoors during the morning and afternoon hunts, cut, clean and cooler your game, enjoy stories of great chase around a large fire pit, eat a hot meal, hot shower and get a great nights sleep in a warm bed (earplugs not included). Trailers welcome (where I and most members lodge during our visits).

Our rut is usually at the end of Nov / the beginning of December.

What we are looking for in new members:
Real Hunters (NOT Killers) that will commit to helping us maintain and improve our deer herd.
Adults who know how to pick up after themselves and will commit to completing camp projects / maintenance on their own initiative.
No Jekyl & Hyde Complex (I.e. people behave just fine in their home communities yet morph into a problem once they get a beer in their hand and a pistol on their hip).
People who will not upset neighboring ranch hunters.
People who in general know what constitutes a cull buck.(i.e. basically any buck that we don’t want to breed).

Sorry to be so blunt as I know that there are some real decent folks out there. We need to fill these spots for the 2020/21 season with good ethical hunters.

I will be available to show this lease on February 21st, 22nd and 23rd. On-site, in person interviews required. No new members accepted sight unseen. We like to meet candidates in person at the lease to make sure this venture will be a good fit for all.

Applicants are welcome to spend the night during their initial visit (don't worry we have beds, a/c and heat) and consume beverages of choice so we can get a better idea of what you look like after a couple cans of clown juice.

Call or text me at (936) 537-6759 for any and all additional information.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:47 PM   #88
txbonecollector
Ten Point

Hunt In: at home

tagged
txbonecollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 02:11 PM   #89
Yamahamma
Four Point

Hunt In: A little in Montgomery Co, A little in Webb Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckhead78 View Post
Anyone have any information on available leases in East Texas? Jasper, Angelina, Tyler, Sabine, Shelby or Panola Counties?
3 Point in San Augustine on the Sabine county border. Contact Bailey 832/904-8223.
Yamahamma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2020, 03:04 PM   #90
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Menard area lease

2 mature hunters for yearly lease. 1200 acres. $2250 per gun. 1 buck 1 doe, turkey & fishing. Small cabin on the San Saba River. Call Monica 210.882.7731
Old 01-28-2020, 04:24 PM   #91
KactusKiller
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion co, Navarro Co

Quote:
LOOKING FOR FIVE HUNTERS For 6,000 acre South Texas Hunting Lease
Lease Details: Family Lease, 32 members total w/ liberal guest privileges, 3 bedroom nice camp house w/ full kitch, ele, H2O, bathroom, ice machine, large smoker, 600sf Screened in porch, carports for your off road vehicles , gas and charcoal grill. Located 9 miles off paved road through 5 gates approx 15mi SW of Concan, 25mi NW of Uvalde. 1 trophy buck, 1 cull buck &1 doe per year, 2 Exotics (Aoudad, Red Stag, Kudu, Axis) lots of hogs and turkeys, Full year round access,
Rugged, rocky, mesas & deep canyons, cedar & mesquite infested terrain best suited for ATV & UTV travel. Cows are the only managed livestock on property (most of which are removed prior to deer season), good current core group of members, large 7í Fire pit, camp utility trailer to haul firewood, corn, feeders, blinds etc., ...$3500 / yr.

My opinion from the last eighteen years of hunting this ranch is that we have up to 140 class Max deer. Property is remote (just the way we like it) but very comfortable with most every amenity required to grab two big handfulls of the great outdoors during the morning and afternoon hunts, cut, clean and cooler your game, enjoy stories of great chase around a large fire pit, eat a hot meal, hot shower and get a great nights sleep in a warm bed (earplugs not included). Trailers welcome (where I and most members lodge during our visits).

Our rut is usually at the end of Nov / the beginning of December.

What we are looking for in new members:
Real Hunters (NOT Killers) that will commit to helping us maintain and improve our deer herd.
Adults who know how to pick up after themselves and will commit to completing camp projects / maintenance on their own initiative.
No Jekyl & Hyde Complex (I.e. people behave just fine in their home communities yet morph into a problem once they get a beer in their hand and a pistol on their hip).
People who will not upset neighboring ranch hunters.
People who in general know what constitutes a cull buck.(i.e. basically any buck that we donít want to breed).

Sorry to be so blunt as I know that there are some real decent folks out there. We need to fill these spots for the 2020/21 season with good ethical hunters.

I will be available to show this lease on February 21st, 22nd and 23rd. On-site, in person interviews required. No new members accepted sight unseen. We like to meet candidates in person at the lease to make sure this venture will be a good fit for all.

Applicants are welcome to spend the night during their initial visit (don't worry we have beds, a/c and heat) and consume beverages of choice so we can get a better idea of what you look like after a couple cans of clown juice.

Call or text me at (936) 537-6759 for any and all additional information.
32 members holy ***X, thats too many for 12,000 acres much less 6,000
KactusKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2020, 04:28 PM   #92
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: LookingÖ.Pow Pow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KactusKiller View Post
Ya, but where else can you hunt South Texas and go float the Frio in 20 minutes!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2020, 04:33 PM   #93
Yamahamma
Four Point

Hunt In: A little in Montgomery Co, A little in Webb Co.

I just got off a MLD in East Texas, 7000 acres, 60+ members (plus family).

See why I got out? Keywords: East Texas, acreage v. membership level.
Yamahamma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2020, 08:34 PM   #94
basschump
Eight Point

Hunt In: Around TX

Itís still way less hunter density than the 50 - 100 acre subdivisions around Rocksprings.

basschump is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2020, 09:48 PM   #95
webb09
Ten Point

Hunt In: Webb County

Con an area is not really South Texas. IMO
webb09 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2020, 10:52 AM   #96
cpr1979
Ten Point

Hunt In: Comanche

Quote:
Menard area lease

2 mature hunters for yearly lease. 1200 acres. $2250 per gun. 1 buck 1 doe, turkey & fishing. Small cabin on the San Saba River. Call Monica 210.882.7731

No guests during deer season and no one under 21 ever

cpr1979 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2020, 10:58 AM   #97
BURTONboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpr1979 View Post
No guests during deer season and no one under 21 ever

Dang. Thats a steep price tag with not much of a bag limit and some strict rules. Good luck to her filling those spots.

BURTONboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2020, 01:33 PM   #98
Abu_dude
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURTONboy View Post
Dang. Thats a steep price tag with not much of a bag limit and some strict rules. Good luck to her filling those spots.

The bag limit is a bit rough but no guests during the season isn't such a bad idea especially when sleeping quarters are provided. Unless you have your own camper, i would be upset as a paying member if someone brought their entire family down and took all the beds. To each their own...
Abu_dude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2020, 07:05 PM   #99
BURTONboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu_dude View Post
The bag limit is a bit rough but no guests during the season isn't such a bad idea especially when sleeping quarters are provided. Unless you have your own camper, i would be upset as a paying member if someone brought their entire family down and took all the beds. To each their own...

I mean you hope courtesy is given by all. Would be pretty selfish to do that. But I guarantee its been done...

BURTONboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2020, 11:16 PM   #100
Kdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kinney County, TX/Wisconsin/Canada

Saw this on Facebook. Donít know a thing about it.
Kdog is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top