Best BBQ in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
    We went to the Purple Pig Cafe in Flint , TX again this past Saturday & it was delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Stopped there after Christmas. Only had a chopped beef sandwich. Gonna go back and try the ribs.

Comment

Originally posted by JRL View Post
      Cattelack
      this place gets my vote.

Its worth the wait

Comment

There a place in red bud called Little Joes that does a great job

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I've heard multiple glowing reviews on Po Campo BBQ in Hico in the last few weeks.
          Is this place new? It's been 3 years since I've been to Hico.
          And usually I only made 2 stops, feed store and Koffee Kup.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            I just stopped at blacks in Lockhart, one of the worsts plates of bbq I have ever had. All the meat was at least a minimum of 1 day old if not older. Even if it was fresh I don’t think it would have mattered. I had to force down about half of it just because I paid so much for it.
            HORRIBLE!! They should be ashamed to put that crap on a plate with their reputation.

Also sauce sucked, sides sucked!!
            I agree Jack, been there twice in the past and was disappointed both times.

Comment

Originally posted by B&C View Post
              I've been to all these and more Central Texas joints, multiple times. I recently had the extra moist brisket at Hays County BBQ in San Marcos and it was the best I ever had.
              I don't live anywhere close to San Marco's but had hayes county at the TXBBQfest

Spot on good traditional bbq. Good stuff.

Hipster BBQ: not a fan.

Favorite Austin joint is Stiles Switch but they can sometimes lean too far Hipster

Going to DFW next week

Recommendations?

I've done Pecan Lodge and Hard 8

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                Hutchins. go on the weekend and get a texas twinkie, the giant smoked and slathered in bbq sauce bacon wrapped cream cheese and brisket stuffed jalapeno seriously one of my favorite things in the world.
                Yes sir!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  Is this place new? It's been 3 years since I've been to Hico.

And usually I only made 2 stops, feed store and Koffee Kup.

I think it must be. I’ve never seen it, just been hearing about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Central Texas BBQ in Pearland.

Comment

Originally posted by 512robby View Post
                      I don't live anywhere close to San Marco's but had hayes county at the TXBBQfest

Favorite Austin joint is Stiles Switch but they can sometimes lean too far Hipster

Going to DFW next week

Recommendations?

Hutchins in McKinney. It’s a little bit of a drive from Dallas but worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
                        Franklin in Austin. Truth BBQ in Brenham, Blue Moon in Hearne , and Blacks in Lockhart all tie for second place.
                        I’ve been working in Hearne for weeks, and now that we are just about done, I see this post.

Comment

Originally posted by 512robby View Post

Going to DFW next week

Recommendations?

If you'll be between FW & Denton, do yourself a favor and hit 407 BBQ. SE corner of 35W & FM 407. About half way between FW & Denton. Greatness.

Heims BBQ if you'll be downtown or just soth of downtown FW. Prepare to wait in line, but it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                            I agree 100% Bob.....BUT this is why the sides are an important consideration.

Good sides are what put one top spot ahead of another for me!

IMO having top level bbq and putting out a pot of bland pinto beans and water or doling out a lump of walmart potato salad is a give up.

Fortunately, I don't have to drive far for top notch all-round BBQ dining...407 BBQ is just down the street!
                            I wasn't really saying it's taboo anymore. Sauce and sides are popular. Back in the day in Lockhart and other central Texas meccas they weren't even available.....other than pickles, onions and crackers or white bread. Some say that the sides take up stomach space that could have been for more meat. Kinda like corn and potatoes with crawfish.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to Panther City BBQ in Ft. Worth during Christmas. The brisket and pork belly burnt ends were unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                                I agree 100% Bob.....BUT this is why the sides are an important consideration.

Good sides are what put one top spot ahead of another for me!

IMO having top level bbq and putting out a pot of bland pinto beans and water or doling out a lump of walmart potato salad is a give up.

Fortunately, I don't have to drive far for top notch all-round BBQ dining...407 BBQ is just down the street!
                                Ate at 407 for the first time last week. Darn good brisket. And the smoked meatloaf....spot on!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X