Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone been to Greece or Canada with spouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been to Greece or Canada with spouse?

My wife wants to take our 10th Anni trip to Greece or potentially Canada in spring or early summer. We know nothing about what to expect, budget, best cities to tour, etc... Anyone have any first hand experience and recomendations with either location? We'd likely do 5-7 days and only spend a minimal amount on a beach if we do Greece.

...and no, I can't hunt if we do Canada. That was nixed before I could get it outta my mouth! Lol

Thanks for any info from the GS

I have been to Athens...……….1973...…..
    But now, they have all the historic sites fenced off...….
    There is few things, more beautiful, than the acropolis (sp) lit up
    at night...
    The history, is awesome...…...

Comment

Been to Greece twice, really amazing but extremely crowded and Touristy.... and the second time we went they had a garbage strike and the whole place was a dump.

Went to Banff for our Honeymoon and out of the 13 countries I have been to it is the most amazing place. We stayed at Emerald Lake Lodge, it can not be beat. The food, the scenery is unmatched... I vote for Canada.

Comment

Been to Canada. Alcohol and snuff were expensive. Copenhagen was $14.00 a can!
        I would go to Greece.

Comment

Another thing, or suggestion. If you want to go to Europe, Italy is much better than Greece... FYI

Comment

Never been to Greece. Your choices seem odd to me. Completely different in attractions, travel time, budget. Why just Greece or Canada?

I like Canada. Quebec was neat. Felt like we were in France. Food was good. Language barrier was frustrating.

Alberta/BC Rockies are gorgeous! Saw two Grizz from the road in the same afternoon an hour north of the Montana border.

You have too pay attention to tell the difference between coastal BC and coastal Washington, tend to forget you are not in the states.

I would go to Greece if I had your choice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
              Another thing, or suggestion. If you want to go to Europe, Italy is much better than Greece... FYI
              So is Croatia, Serbia, and Masadonia , very beautiful and not as touristy, a cruise of the area is awesome

Comment

Been to both. I would do Canada and I would go in June. Go up and check into the Fairmont Chateau, Lake Louise with a room over looking the lake. Google pictures of that lake. Its spectacular!!! Try to get on the 7th floor. Its private check in, private breakfast, private on the house happy hour. Every day go explore different areas.....The 7th floor concierge can make suggestions on where to go based on what you want to see. I wanted to see wildlife and take great photographs. They sent us to different lakes, waterfalls, hiking trails, etc. Between that and the road through Banff National Forrest I got tons of up close and personal pictures of black bear, grizzly bear, elk, mountain goat etc. We also went did Jasper, Banff, The Columbia Ice Cap. When I got home from that vacation I said that place has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. I looked it up and sure enough.........

Comment

Thanks for info so far. My wife just wanted Greece because her best friend raves about it and also about Canada. I’m open to other places that would be better for hiking and sightseeing, nightlife, good food, scenic views, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                    Been to both. I would do Canada and I would go in June. Go up and check into the Fairmont Chateau, Lake Louise with a room over looking the lake. Google pictures of that lake. Its spectacular!!! Try to get on the 7th floor. Its private check in, private breakfast, private on the house happy hour. Every day go explore different areas.....The 7th floor concierge can make suggestions on where to go based on what you want to see. I wanted to see wildlife and take great photographs. They sent us to different lakes, waterfalls, hiking trails, etc. Between that and the road through Banff National Forrest I got tons of up close and personal pictures of black bear, grizzly bear, elk, mountain goat etc. We also went did Jasper, Banff, The Columbia Ice Cap. When I got home from that vacation I said that place has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. I looked it up and sure enough.........
                    He’s correct, this is a fine option. A great drive from there is up to Golden, there are many little excursions to do along the way. We did a guided mountain hike, went to the hot springs.

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                      Thanks for info so far. My wife just wanted Greece because her best friend raves about it and also about Canada. I’m open to other places that would be better for hiking and sightseeing, nightlife, good food, scenic views, etc...
                      If it’s nightlife, food and sightseeing you want then Italy would be very hard to beat. You could do Rome a couple days, Pisa, Capri for coastal beach type stuff... this could all be done in a week.....

Comment

Fly up to Seattle....then to Victoria.....then to Vancouver ..... then to Whistler.....stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                          If it’s nightlife, food and sightseeing you want then Italy would be very hard to beat. You could do Rome a couple days, Pisa, Capri for coastal beach type stuff... this could all be done in a week.....
                          Heard Italy was great too. Thanks

Comment

Been to Greece. Flew into Athens then hit Hydra, Patmos, Santorini and Mykonos. Was touristy but the smaller islands were really cool and less that way. Highly recommend the trip.

Comment

We went to Vancouver. Very clean. No fast food restaurants. People were height to weight proportionate. I have never seen so many attractive ladies. Better than Austin, Dallas and LA.

Traffic was worse than LA or Houston.

Vancouver Island was amazing. Could live there easily.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X