Stainless Steel Outsert Options Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stainless Steel Outsert Options Needed

I am currently shooting Black Eagle Deep Impact arrows. I have shot them for probably 6-7 years and love the arrow. I have also been shooting their original 68 grain outsert. I tried their new FOCUS outsert but it is too **** long and heavy for what I want.

Black Eagle discontinued their 68 grn stainless outserts.

I am looking for other alternatives in that are either stainless or titanium that weigh 65-75 grains. I have looked at Valkyrie, Nexxus, Ethics and Victory but have not been able to find anything that will work.

I am hoping that someone here on TBH has some options.

Originally posted by cvan1971man View Post
    I am currently shooting Black Eagle Deep Impact arrows. I have shot them for probably 6-7 years and love the arrow. I have also been shooting their original 68 grain outsert. I tried their new FOCUS outsert but it is too **** long and heavy for what I want.

Black Eagle discontinued their 68 grn stainless outserts.

I am looking for other alternatives in that are either stainless or titanium that weigh 65-75 grains. I have looked at Valkyrie, Nexxus, Ethics and Victory but have not been able to find anything that will work.

I am hoping that someone here on TBH has some options.

I’ve been shooting them for years and run the 68 grain SS outserts as well. We were really limited on front loading options for micro diameter shafts ten years ago but today there are more options. Since I was limited to what I could do back then I just went and did it the old fashioned way with broadhead weight. My preference is always to add weight on the tip rather than insert weight if you can swing it.

[emoji1662]

Comment

Pretty sure iron will makes a system that fits your description

Comment

look at Day 6 arrows, their titanium outserts are strong!!!

Comment

I don't think you'll find an outsert in Steel with that weight. The Ti half-outs from Easton are 55 (and may not fit anyway). The Victory stuff is 75 for the lightest steel taper lock. The day six stuff is going to be 75gr with a steel collar. Ethics likely has something that fits, but I'm not a fan of having to sand things to get them to fit. Iron Will is your best bet, only issue is that its designed around HITs... which are .166, and the Deep Impact are .165 I believe, you can probably get them to fit with some work though. Then you could do a 50gr Steel HIT and a 10gr Ti Collar... right at 60gr and would be very tough.

Comment

Working...
          X