Long Distance Sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Distance Sight

What are some recommendations for a long range sight? 50-80 yards. Needing it for western hunts. I'm guessing a lens magnifier would help? Never used one. Just looking for some opinions. Thanks.

You would need to check regulations. I think most western states won't allow a magnifier on a bow sight.

Comment

Oh! Good point. I didn't think about that.

Comment

Mbg 3 pin slider is probably my favorite for western style hunting.
        I really like my axcel accutouch carbon pro though for single pins

Comment

Black Gold and spot hogg are probably the best for long range shooting IMO. As far as magnifier, like Trumpkin said, I doubt it’s legal you should check the regs in the states you plan to hunt. I have a custom black gold that I love that I’ll probably shoot for the next 10-15 years I’m sure. I run a 5 pin slider myself as that’s just my personal preference because inside 60 yards I don’t want to be wasting time trying to slide my sight to the correct yardage. As far as distance goes the biggest thing is making sure your pins are as small as possible so it’s not covering up your target. With .010 pins I was able to 10 ring a caribou at 106yds and 8 ring an elk at 112yds at TAC this year with no issues of pins covering up my target too much or not having a clear sight picture.

Comment

I have a cbe 3 pin hybrid. Any 3-5 pin slider will work

Comment

Not to complicated. Most bows now a days shoot pretty flat out to 30 yards.
              Find a six pin and you are out to 80. That's what I use for my out west hunts.
              Made a mistake my first year with a single pin set at 45 yards and figured I would have time to dial up or down. Ya, you're not gonna have time to adjust at times so. I'd advice against a single pin when hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                I have a cbe 3 pin hybrid. Any 3-5 pin slider will work
                I have the CBE mentioned above as well as the Shot Hog Hog Father on my bows, both 3 pin hybrids. The CBE is on my #1 bow, the Hog Father is on the back up.

CBE is a bit smaller, seems lighter and easier to deal with IMO but i have had it longer... Both are good for what your are looking and I wouldn't hesitate using either one of them!
                Last edited by TexaswBOWhunter; 05-21-2021, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
                  Not to complicated. Most bows now a days shoot pretty flat out to 30 yards.
                  Find a six pin and you are out to 80. That's what I use for my out west hunts.
                  Made a mistake my first year with a single pin set at 45 yards and figured I would have time to dial up or down. Ya, you're not gonna have time to adjust at times so. I'd advice against a single pin when hunting.
                  X2 I lived and hunted out west for over 20 years and would never use a slider as I know for a fact it would cost me shot opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                    Mbg 3 pin slider is probably my favorite for western style hunting.
                    I really like my axcel accutouch carbon pro though for single pins
                    Just put this on my bow for elk trip. Great sight

Comment

Axcel Accutouch. 3 or 5 pin. Sight the sight in so your lowest pin is just on top of the level inside the scope. You should be able to get 100 yards plus easy.

Comment

+1 for the Axcel Accutouch.

Comment

+1 For MBG 3-Pin Slider, shot out to 111yds at TAC this spring. The only other one I would consider would be the Spot Hogg 2 or 3 pin single stack slider

Comment

I use a black gold and like it

Comment

dp

Comment

Working...
                              X