Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt at your work?

Is anybody able to hunt where you work?
    I work at a chemical plant in Pasadena and they just allowed us to start bow hunting on the additional acreage of the property not used. Pretty exciting, I’ve seen some good deer in this area!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No but I go into some plants with some awesome areas and deer just watch you drive by.

Comment

I asked for permission to several years ago when we bought some new park land but was shot down pretty quickly.

Comment

I do

Comment

I can but don’t. I have other places. A couple of our shop guys don’t have anywhere to hunt so they crossbow hunt behind our shop. We have about 6ac in White Oak and they kill some really nice deer every year

Comment

I am gonna guess this is not Dow Chemical. I worked in freeport and they would lose their **** mind if you had an arrow in your truck.

Comment

When I worked for Alcoa.. Rockdale. We were allowed 2 hunts per season. I saw some bucks that would make you drool.

Comment

We had fifty three acres around the plant east of San Angelo. I used to get on top of the storage tanks with my 270 after work. I never did any good but I think there were six deer taken off of that place one year.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                  Is anybody able to hunt where you work?
                  I work at a chemical plant in Pasadena and they just allowed us to start bow hunting on the additional acreage of the property not used. Pretty exciting, I’ve seen some good deer in this area!

Where are you working now?

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                    Where are you working now?

Small batch plant called Centauri. It’s off underwood and fairmont

Comment

I'm jelly!! There are some great deer over there!! We live right around the corner.

Comment

Not many 4 legged deer running around on Main St. in Houston!

Comment

my dads work west of monahans used to but they sold the place and he retired. mostly quail and dove, a javelina or 2

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                            When I worked for Alcoa.. Rockdale. We were allowed 2 hunts per season. I saw some bucks that would make you drool.

Aluminum plant?

Comment

We have hundreds of acres of brush/woods inside our plant and some 150 class deer. But they will not let us hunt. Worst part of it all is the hogs. Enough of 'em they got up into the plant digging up stuff. They won't admit it but security shoots them and dumps the carcasses in the landfill. "May be contaminated"!

Comment

Working...
                              X