First deer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First deer!

It’s kind of pathetic I’m 41 years old but I killed my very first deer with a bow. I’ve had my bow for 4 or 5 years, spent an un-godly amount of money and lots of time practicing but never got a chance until this week. We went to my lease in Del Rio on Monday. After driving 7 hrs to the lease, I realized that I left my key to the side by side at home [emoji30][emoji17]. I was completely defeated and I just arrived. So Monday’s hut was ruined while I tried to figure out how to get another key. Kawasaki said they can make me a new key, but they would have to mail it to me... that’s not gunna help. So I commandeered a small 4 wheeler from the ranch house (lol) and kept on trucking like nothing ever happened. Tuesday morning I watched a nice but young buck eat for about an hour or so. And then a few does come in for a while. Tuesday evening’s hunt went fast. We didn’t get to the blind until right when the feeder went off. After 10 minutes or so, this doe walked right beside us in the pop up. As soon as she turned somewhat broadside, I took the shot. After I hit her she only ran about 15 yards or so and did the dirt dance. I was pretty stoked. I have felt like I would never get a deer with my bow but finally it happened. I’m pretty optimistic about this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a video but I can’t post it.

Comment

Dude this is so great. I’m 52, been bow hunting for only 10 yrs. my first yr I killed a buck and doe and thought what’s the big deal..... 3 years to my next doe and I get the whole “the struggle is real” !!! So in 10 yrs probably killed 6 deer and I’m proud as I can be even if they are basically just deer (nothing big). CONGRATS Man !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Huge congrats man! Getting that first one under your belt always seems tough! Any deer with a bow is a true challenge and trophy and you will never forget it!

Comment

Originally posted by rscrub View Post
          I have a video but I can’t post it.

Thank goodness! It would probably take 3 computer screens to see it all

Congrats on your first deer! That’s an awesome feeling. I’ve killed over 100, but never forgot my first one

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Heck yeah! Keep at it and congratulations.

Comment

Great shot!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Thank goodness! It would probably take 3 computer screens to see it all

Congrats on your first deer! That’s an awesome feeling. I’ve killed over 100, but never forgot my first one

Lol, I don’t know why the pictures are so big from my phone. It doesn’t give me a opportunity to resize them

Comment

Nice. Great shot!

Comment

Comment

What about your first blood (on your face)? After waiting that long, you should have a Braveheart face. lol

Nice work.

Comment

That's Awesome! Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome, congrats to you!

Comment

Working...
                              X