No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney / Lake Aquilla 08/09 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been wastin my time in alvarado lake! Those are killer fish!

Comment

I've wanted to go to Alvaredo Lake. I hear that it's a great bass fishin lake as well!

Comment

4 more day till the will be blazzing

Comment

I fish Alvarado lake some, there are bass, cats, slabs, sandies. Just can't get em in my boat. I have caught a few nice, my skills prevent me from catchin many nice ones.

Comment

Now thats some good lookin fish!!!!

Comment

Heres a day on the water series at alvarado lake... tough day
              I will have to say, when I told Mark 3 weeks ago I wouldn't give him a CREAM PUFF Lake it turned out I wasn't lying.I took Mark Perry to lake Alvarado, just west of Alvarado City down highway 67.Mark worked all night at his fire station and came straight from work to the lake.I have posted...

Comment

How many of yall will be duck hunting both lakes this year we need to have a TBH Video Duck hunt. If any one is interested email me.

Comment

Never duck hunted before, is Alvarado good for it? I don't like duck though, it tastes yuck! Don't tell me I've never had it cooked right, I've tried it many ways. I would like to try it, if someone else is willing to eat it.

Comment

While on the subject of birds, any of you guys ever dove hunt around Whitney. I'm lookin for a place to take my dad, he loves to dove hunt. Day leases are 60.00 and up, crazy! I think you can dove hunt on corp property, just don't know the good spots. I don't want to intrude on anybody's honey holes, but I would love some suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
                      How many of yall will be duck hunting both lakes this year we need to have a TBH Video Duck hunt. If any one is interested email me.
                      LW, I know what ya ment. But for the new commers, it can't be called a "TBH" anything any more. We are having/had that very discussion in The Campfire right now, and last night. But we can call it a "Group Duck Hunt" or by any other name . And yes I would be intrested . I've got more that 20 doz deques all togeather Sending e-mail.

Huntxtrm, it has been my experiance that "walking the birds up" has paid off best for me.
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-28-2008, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
                        Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        LW, I know what ya ment. But for the new commers, it can't be called a "TBH" anything any more. We are having/had that very discussion in The Campfire right now, and last night. But we can call it a "Group Duck Hunt" or by any other name . And yes I would be intrested . I've got more that 20 doz deques all togeather Sending e-mail.

Huntxtrm, it has been my experiance that "walking the birds up" has paid off best for me.
                        That would be a cool video. It would be really good if you could keep the birds out of the sanctuary on Aquilla. They know they are protected there and take advantage of it. All it takes is getting shot at 1 time, and they get really smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight in Mossy Oak View Post
                          That would be a cool video. It would be really good if you could keep the birds out of the sanctuary on Aquilla. They know they are protected there and take advantage of it. All it takes is getting shot at 1 time, and they get really smart.
                          they didn't stay there much last year.

Comment

Hey SB..It works on Aquilla too!

Went to Aquilla at 11--stayed to 4pm. Picked about 4 spots to try out...never got off the first spot . Right off the bat we were picking off bass and white bass . Nothing big but good fights..2-2.5# LM qty 2 and about 6-7 sand bass.

Wind changed to the north and the bite stopped at bout 2pm. Was blowing right into shore.

Comment

check out these pics Click image for larger version

Name:	MDGC0495.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	23853266

Comment

Silent Hunter, that's a great looking buck.

Grizz, glad they were biting. I went yesterday and caught 12 sand bass about 8 small (lenght of your hand) bass,1 about 2 1/2 lber and I stopped and threw my crankbait around the (marking spot) and pulled out a 4.12 lber. I'll probably make 2 more trips out there, next weekend and the following weekend. Then it's hunting for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.12 bass  8-31-08 (Small).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	23853273

Comment

Working...
                                X