No announcement yet.

Lake Waco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either way, im sorry to hear about your stuff getting taken. it sucks to know that while I'm enjoying my favorite hobby that there are some integrity deficient individuals out there trying to steal my stuff. (...not counting the rangers...they're just doing their job...). Public hunting only works correctly when hunters are respectful to one another.

Comment

Used to cut hay around the north and south ends of the lake , Ihave seen alot of god and i mean good bucks right at dark . But it's like any hunting you just have to be in the right place at the right time .

Comment

Yeah Stolen Camera But Still Cant Be To Upset!! Season Is Around The Corner. However I Hope That Camera Makes Him As Happy As Im Going To Be When I Get To Fling A Arrow At Whatever Was On The Camera..

Comment

Originally posted by itsgood1308 View Post
          If you're brave enough you can run up to the corp office to see if they confiscated it. I spoke with one of the guys up there on the phone and he said that any cameras or stands that they find will be removed at their own will. I understand that you have to pack in, pack out, and cannot use bicycles to make any of it easier.
          If the corp took it they will leave a note, usually a copy of the rules with the area highlighted of the rule you broke, you never know who is watching you out their either, had a stand stolen years back @ another project where I only left for a few minutes to get something to eat, I know for a fact that SOB watched me climb out of the stand before he stole it, even cut a cable lock, guess he carried bolt cutters around with him. It is pack in pack out for me on public land.
          Last edited by bossbowman; 09-18-2013, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I was the last person drawn today talk about getting fustrated.They should give the folks that aint there to someonelse. Chris martin talkin bout you.

Comment

Great to see that there are a few of us that sling arrows at lake Waco during gun season. Glass half full half empty kinda deal for Suave getting drawn last. How did the rest of you draw? CKolar and I didnt get drawn until about 2/3 the way through, so most of the good spots were taken during that the time around thanksgiving when I like to hunt. Went with n3 since I could still get in there week 4. Been a few years since I've hunted it but I've had some success there over the years so figured I'd go back to the well. Took low 20's buck there Friday after thanksgiving back in '10 and a doe and hog in 09, so I'll give it another go. Looking forward to it.

Comment

I figure the opening weekend will be the worst so I'm just going to stay out of the woods. I'm going to give it a try during the week though. Figure there will be less foot traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by El suave View Post
                  I was the last person drawn today talk about getting fustrated.They should give the folks that aint there to someonelse. Chris martin talkin bout you.
                  I guess last person drawn opposed to not being drawn is a good thing.

I was in New Mexico hunting elk, just got home and someone let me know I had drawn. Excited as I have only hunted there in bow season.

Best of luck to everyone this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Martin View Post
                    I guess last person drawn opposed to not being drawn is a good thing.

I was in New Mexico hunting elk, just got home and someone let me know I had drawn. Excited as I have only hunted there in bow season.

Best of luck to everyone this year.
                    Same to ya Chris, and everyone else .

Comment

Yep good luck guys, when I got drawn the lady said 10 more left so I was at the very end. Got the area I wanted just not the dates. But hey getting drawn is better than not. I will be slinging arrows at them too during gun season.

Comment

so you can use a bow instead of a slug during the draw hunt ?

Comment

Yes bow or slug your choice

Comment

Anyone that's hunted lake Waco before...is it logical to leave a pop up at dark and then expect it to be there in the morning? It'd sure make things easier.

Comment

I Wouldn' Leave A Pop Up All It Takes Is Somebody To Walk Past It.You Never Know Who The Last Person In The Woods Is Or Where He's At.

Comment

Originally posted by dwsmith View Post
                                yup too many people like to hunt guess we should all should quit
                                Well! Aren't you just a smart butt. Grow some horns then come back.

Comment

Working...
                                X