2012 Lake Grapevine Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 Lake Grapevine Thread

OK ,I will start this thing off , so there we go .

Wooohooo, hope I get drawn!!!

By the way, I should have a Blue Lacy primed and ready for blood tracking next year if anyone needs help. He got a pretty good start this year but should be in good shape by next year. Talked to the rangers and they said they don't hear from people when they need help so figure this is a good place to start....I live close so give me a shout if ya need him...

Comment

By the way, I should have a Blue Lacy primed and ready for blood tracking next year if anyone needs help. He got a pretty good start this year but should be in good shape by next year. Talked to the rangers and they said they don't hear from people when they need help so figure this is a good place to start....I live close so give me a shout if ya need him...
      Cool! It is good to know, that we have a resource like you available.

Comment

Every time I'm in a tree at the vine I'm haunted by the thought "This could be the last year."

It just seems inevitable with suburban sprawl...

The only thing that I believe will combat this is hunters working to have a better reputation with the Corps and Corps Land neighbors.

I think it would be worth while for a group of hunters to organize some work days, clean ups, or whatever the Corps office would recommend.

Personally, I feel like I owe something back for having the opportunity to hunt there!

I don't have time to organize it, but I would make time to contribute.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
          Every time I'm in a tree at the vine I'm haunted by the thought "This could be the last year."

It just seems inevitable with suburban sprawl...

The only thing that I believe will combat this is hunters working to have a better reputation with the Corps and Corps Land neighbors.

I think it would be worth while for a group of hunters to organize some work days, clean ups, or whatever the Corps office would recommend.

Personally, I feel like I owe something back for having the opportunity to hunt there!

I don't have time to organize it, but I would make time to contribute.

Any thoughts?

Very good idea and I would be in....After talking to them about tracking dogs, changes requested by hunters, and forms being turned back in, just simply talking to the rangers would have to help us out. They dont have a clue what or how many deer were taken from out there or whats going on with us hunters. I understand keeping GV a secret from other hunters and the public but man sure seems like we should include the park folks......

Comment

Im in! Sounds like a great idea. I work for AA, may have some free time on my hands soon. If so I would be glad to organize it. Anyone gonna turkey hunt this year?

Comment

I would like to see that Blue Lacy heard and read a little about them . Count us in on work days etc. keep us posted.

Comment

I would volunteer to move fence post, string wire, clear brush, and spread gravel if it would give us a place to park.

Comment

Checked my cams today. First time he's shown up. Guess he moved up out of COE to some nearby private land I hunt. Looking forward to what kind of headgear he puts on this coming year.

Comment

That's going to be a nice deer. Surprised they haven't started dropping yet.

Comment

Redsnake, that deer was impressive when he had a full rack!, he started breaking points pretty early last season.

Comment

Originally posted by ngyoung27 View Post
                        Redsnake, that deer was impressive when he had a full rack!, he started breaking points pretty early last season.
                        You see him in person? What'd he look like before he got busted up and run down? I have a hard time aging post rut -- I'm guessing 3.5 or 4.5.

Comment

This guy has been nocturnal all season, this is the 1st time I have been seen in daylight.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brushpopper View Post
                            I would like to see that Blue Lacy heard and read a little about them . Count us in on work days etc. keep us posted.
                            They are a different breed and a bit quirky but man he sure has a nose. I think I am really gonna love him and I am pretty confident that he will find anything that is dead or is gonna die pretty quick....We went to Hamilton last weekend for a blood tracking seminar and he did real well on 6 or 7 fake blood trails that they were teaching on. I think by next year he will be ready to roll and he found 5 animals this year as a pup....Let me know if ya want to see him and we can lay some blood down or something out at the lake..

Chris

Comment

not sure if this will work,but had him on my cam, on coe , this year. cant find the one where he isnt broken up.

Comment

Working...
                              X