Achery hunt at Elephant Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Achery hunt at Elephant Mountain

Me and Roccko222 got our permits to hunt EM today, was wondering if anyone could give any insight to the area, pointers on location, anything would be very appreciated. Have never hunted this WMA before, thanks in advance.

hunt the water stations around the southwest side, also there is a guzzler on top of the mountain that is on the northwest rim that holds a lot of rams

Comment

Hunted pasture #4, it had a metal stock tank, slow in the morning's, but just before sun down anything and everything seemed to come in for a drink !

Comment

Man, that's awesome! Congratulations on getting drawn! I would love to draw that hunt. Take a ton of pics and give us a story on the hunt, even if you get skunked.

Comment

TTT for the evening, anything at all will be very appreciated. Thanks so far guys.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

You have a PM

Comment

We hunted Del Norte many years ago and although we saw a lot of deer we had no success. Seems the info on the water holes is the key. I have always dreamed of going back just for the experience of hiking the mountains. Enjoy and please do post lots of pics. We will be lurking.

Comment

Bowfishinfool and Noc off PM sent

Comment

Let us know how it goes. Like to do a hiking style hunt myself.

Comment

We will try to give a review, and hopefully have some pics to boot. Thanks to those who gave their time and knowledge. We will be their Dec. 5-8.

Comment

hunted there a few years ago ( youth hunt) with my son and daughter. Del Norte Pasture. had a great time. my son got a repectable west tx. mulie, my daughter and i made a few good stalks, but nerves got to us when trying to seal the deal... gain some elevation, lots of in depth glassing, don't over look the flats.

Comment

Good luck on your hunt and cogradulations on getting drawn. Is this whitetail or mule deer?

Comment

Originally posted by 93racer View Post
                              Good luck on your hunt and cogradulations on getting drawn. Is this whitetail or mule deer?
                              Mule deer

Comment

Working...
                              X