Late Season for LBJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late Season for LBJ?

So does the late spike/antlerless season apply to LBJ?

Special Late General Season for the take of antlerless and spike-buck deer only: January 4-17, 2010

I would say spikes yes,does no. The only time does can be taken at LBJ is nov 26-29. No permit required.

Comment

That special late season does apply to LBJ. Including does!!

Comment

According to the LBJ office yesterday morning, the late season applies ONLY to spikes. This is how I read the rule book as well. Wise county is "does" and spikes, but USFS land has special retsrictions. You can shoot "Does" only during the thanksgiving weekend.

Comment

Seems kinda counter productive IMO> With the new AR, spikes are already getting hammered, and does are being allowed to walk, except for a few days. Sex ratios that are already out of whack, will just get worse. And WAY too many young deer are being taken out of the herd, and it will show in a few years when there are nothing but does running around. But if that is what the USFS says then so be it!!

Comment

Hopefully they will make any needed adjustments. I dont see hunting for just a spike. I'll be duck hunting though.

Comment

I'm the wrong person to be asking about shooting spikes,I dont shoot them period.I'm not a meat hunter so what's the point.But I have absolutely nothing against meat hunters,and wish them success.I dont believe the old saw about "once a spike,always a spike".I think if a yearling spike eats well during the next 12 months he might grow a decent little rack next season,might even make the 13 inch spread.We'll never know though if someone bust a cap in his a**.

Comment

if it will fit on a ritz's cracker, ill shoot it. iam all about a good dinner for the family. if you want horns try the fenced in deer, if you want monster deer, go north.....

Comment

Is LBJ a tpye 2 land (APH needed)? I have a buddy up from Huoston and we were going to head out there. Neither of us have hunted it before.

Comment

No AHP required.It's run by the National Forest Service. Just need a hunting license,and wear plenty of orange!(do they make orange boots?)

Comment

Working...
                    X