No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone uses moultrie game cameras?I got this viewer for free if anyone wants it [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
      Anyone uses moultrie game cameras?I got this viewer for free if anyone wants it [IMG][/IMG]
      Think that would work on my LX-30IR? Hmmm....

Comment

Txseaaggie pm your info and I can ship it to you or can take it on Tuesday,when I go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
          Good job on the feeders, hope they work out for you. I'll be looking for something new and hopefully productive.
          I think deer dislike feeders so im using it to"push" them towards the trails in setting up on lol using forest tactics on my lease

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
            U work for laporte?
            Did until March, I work offshore now, 14/14 so I get a two week vacation every month

Comment

Deer Cart

Buck Chaser, I like the set up. It’s similar to what my rig looks like.
              I know from experience you will be better off if you attach a longer platform to the rig and extend it back a little. The size of the deer is longer than the length of the cart making it difficult to keep the animal tied down. Strapping the deer to the cart with come-a-long straps with my climber on top was the answer.
              Good luck with the upcoming season.

Comment

scouting tomorrow while its still cloudy and cooler. Anyone else going to be out ?

Comment

Nice setup buckchaser, can't believe it's scouting time already again

Comment

Thanks for the thums up guys!! Still need to do a little more modifying.
                    Thanks for the advice FinAttic.

Comment

I'm scouting Thursday! Taking a new hunter out with me and trying to a put a new area for him and me!

Comment

Fozzie, we got a new thread up for this year, good to hear from you.

Comment

Had hoped my elk hunt in Oregon would put a ton of meat in my freezer, but that didn't happen - that's just the way public land fair chase hunting goes, and we all know that too well! I fly back to Texas tomorrow, and will be making a quick scouting run in the Sam next Saturday real nice and early. This reminds me to finish the work I started on making a hitch for my mountain bike and game cart.

Comment

Getting one or not. Hhunting elk or even just hunting out of state is a blast I bet (pun intended!). Adios 2012-2013 ....better days ahead in the new 2013-2014 SHNF public hunt thread! Good luck everyone!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X