No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston Natl. Forest 10/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what ever weekend you all decide , post up...

Comment

Let me know when you guys are going out,I take the travel trailer down to that rv park down by the forest all the time,maybe the wife wont have plans on using it that weekend and we'll bunk up in it,the ac blows cold and the night fishing is pretty good.

Comment

I did a little bike ride/scouting trip into the forest yesterday evening and saw 11 deer! Two of which were bucks, one that might be a shooter this fall. He had antlers 6 inches tall....

Oh yeah, deer season is only four months or so out so one of us need to start a 2011/12 thread.

Comment

I have a few friends on here and wanted to let you guys know I just got back from Argentina. We killed 31,500 dove in 3 days. It was awesome. If you get the chance you need to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Bad-Karma View Post
            I have a few friends on here and wanted to let you guys know I just got back from Argentina. We killed 31,500 dove in 3 days. It was awesome. If you get the chance you need to go!
            Holy Cow! I have heard those agricultural fields are covered in them but didn't know it was like that! How many of y'all? Is your shoulder bruised? How many shotgun shells

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
              Holy Cow! I have heard those agricultural fields are covered in them but didn't know it was like that! How many of y'all? Is your shoulder bruised? How many shotgun shells
              Ther was 12 of us. I personally shot 5100 shells. Yes my shoulder was very sore even with the shooting pad.

Comment

I have July 4th through the 9th off .. If anyone wants to plan a scout trip..

Comment

Awesome thread guys! Tons of great information. This will be my first year giving SHNF a shot since my lease is four hours away and my want to hunt is more than my ability to make it to the hill country.

Very busy with vacation coming up and other things, but sometime towards the end of July I would like to do some scouting off 2025 in the Cleveland to Coldspring stretch if anyone is interested.

Also, do any of you use any iPhone apps for GPS and which ones do you use?

Thanks,

Jody

Comment

Jody I have an android based phone, but I do use some GPS apps. I especially like Google earth. What are you looking for.

I guess I will start the new thread. Scouting trips need to start. I have some work to do this year.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                      Jody I have an android based phone, but I do use some GPS apps. I especially like Google earth. What are you looking for.

I guess I will start the new thread. Scouting trips need to start. I have some work to do this year.
                      Forgot about google earth, I have that one already I can use. Not looking for anything in particular, just want something to map my starting point and route so I can find my way back out of the woods.

Looking forward to the new thread, maybe I can find some people to scout my areas with me.

Thanks!

Comment

I am going to take this over to the new thread. That way we can start with some new info.

Comment

Working...
                        X