No announcement yet.

Disappointed With Police Officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston is on the cusp of becoming the next Detroit. Third world status has basically been achieved.

If you cannot fend for yourself, I would suggest not entering the city.

Comment

When they ask “are there any injuries?” You always say “there is about to be” and hang up.
      They will come sliding in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You can call 911 and say what you want in some cities. There is not anyone to send. Austin had a shooting with multiple laying on the ground and it took 12 minutes to find the first Officer to dispatch to it. You vote for idiots they fund special projects and cut police funding.

Comment

Not familiar with Houston PD but dispatch probably just entered it as a vehicle crash with no injuries, so officers don't see it as a priority call. Not making an excuse for them, but things do get prioritized. We are a relatively small town of 25,000ish and are down 13-14 sworn officers out of 55ish I think. Sometimes we can have calls holding 25-30 mins or longer so I can't imagine a major city being down 5-800 officers and still getting all the BS calls and major calls as well and trying to sift through what's priority or not. Just a sucky deal all the way around, glad your wife is ok though. Is kind of amusing you blame the cops. Seems we get blamed no matter what. I should have been a fireman.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            You can call 911 and say what you want in some cities. There is not anyone to send. Austin had a shooting with multiple laying on the ground and it took 12 minutes to find the first Officer to dispatch to it. You vote for idiots they fund special projects and cut police funding.
            Wow. And this type stuff will only fuel & build confidence in criminals they won’t get caught.

Comment

It's definitely more a problem of the elected than a problem of those serving.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                H town. I told her if she’s scared and can’t drive away run to the biggest lifted pickup you see and flag a good ol boy down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Seriously??!

Comment

Just try to get a hold a 911 in Ft Worth, it's ridiculous. I've called twice in the last 3 weeks and can't get anyone one the phone. The second time they did call back about 5 minutes later.

Comment

Our FD is working on a mutual aid program withAFD to run some of their medical calls. I mention to my chief in a meeting that I thought it was a terrible idea unless out PD would be available if we got there and things went to hell. I mention that APD is currently working 200 + short handed and average response was 13 min ( according to the news ). I don’t want any part of that knowing we might be fighting off someone for 5-15 min. But I do now carry steel knuckles just for that very thing

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                      H town. I told her if she’s scared and can’t drive away run to the biggest lifted pickup you see and flag a good ol boy down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Probably get a mall crawling man bun f250 driver in this case.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, you can try to explain to people what it is sometimes like but….

I was the only supervisor on duty one night a few years ago. In my sleepy little town of 55,000 people we were working three separate shooting scenes with seven people shot and of those, one was dead, three more critical, with eight officers on the street and no EMS units left available.

On the third shooting scene, I actually called in the shots fired being about 10 blocks away from where I was working the murder. At that third scene one guy was shot in the torso with an AR 15 and officers said they look like his liver was coming out of the right side. There were no ambulances available and they had to throw him in the back seat of a private vehicle to go to the hospital. I think he ended up dying but I did not even check the next day after we turned it over to Detectives.

Probably for at least 3 to 4 hours nobody else in the city receive any police coverage or response. Plenty of calls came in, there simply was no one to send. Even on the third shooting scene where the guy was gutted, I had to break a couple of perimeter units off from the Homicide scene I was working because we had no one else.

This was before we were severely shorthanded.

And the kind funny thing to me, I was not supposed to be working. I was the evening shift commander and the night supervisor called in sick forcing me over. I I earned my overtime….

Comment

I think most departments are short handed. Does not matter where they are located.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                            When they ask “are there any injuries?” You always say “there is about to be” and hang up.
                            They will come sliding in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            When I was in recruit school for Atlanta Fire, the training captain told us to tell our wives that if they needed help when we weren't around to call 911 and say the house is on fire. You may not get cops fast, but in 4-5 minutes at least 4 guys with axes will be there.

I like the injury angle too. Just say your neck hurts and there will be 4 guys there on a big red truck in 4-5 minutes.

Comment

Glad your wife was, ok OP. I can't imagine the helplessness you must've felt hearing the panic in her voice.

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                              OP, sorry this happened.

Actually have me scratching my head. I've got a wife and two college aged daughters, and probably need to discuss this with them. I think staying in the car to wait for the Police to show up is the best option, and he get's really bad drive off.

Don't think any of my ladies are ready for a pistol.
                              And don't forget, if need-be (fearing for their life) the car IS a weapon. I think there was a link here previously where a girl had the wherewithal to bounce an attacker off her bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
                                I told my wife - it’s just a car.

1. You get a flat tire - drive the **** thing into a parking lot or way, way off the road. I don’t care if it tears up a rim or destroys the suspension; we have insurance, and if need be, we’ll get a lawyer.

2. You get in a wreck and the other person acts like a Jack wagon - drive away and call 911 as soon as it’s safe and tell them what happened; we have insurance, and if need be, we’ll get a lawyer.

Putting distance between yourself and idiots (including idiots in fast moving chunks of steel with wheels) is a key to staying alive in the road.

It’s not the popo’s fault - it’s our weak spineless elected/appointed officials succumbing to low IQ, loudmouth citizens demands that have resulted in Johnny Law being overworked, underpaid, and increased compromise to their safety and well being.
                                great ideas. Nothing says you have to stay at a hostile accident scene

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
                                Seems we get blamed no matter what. I should have been a fireman.
                                I hear ya. Think of all the xbox and ping pong you could play while waiting for a couple calls a week

Comment

Working...
                                X