No announcement yet.

Benbrook 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has this "Dirtbike Crew" been reported to the office? Seems that if they are coming in through the school, or near there, that is right by the Benbrook office. They can't live to far away.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Has this "Dirtbike Crew" been reported to the office? Seems that if they are coming in through the school, or near there, that is right by the Benbrook office. They can't live to far away.
      Yes multiple times by multiple people

Comment

Good luck to the hunt #6 folks. I believe that’s the place to be this year. They’ll soon experience the first consistent cool weather of the year, plus the rut will finally get kicked off in these parts. I personally stuck out in hunt #5. I saw plenty of family units and dink bucks, but that’s about it.

Comment

Drove past the east area along lakeside on my way home from work yesterday and saw a truck parked at the oil and gas pad entrance that had some dirt bike related stickers on it (monster energy, FMF exhausts). Curious if anyone saw them riding through yesterday? If so, I'll know to look from that truck and call the lake office when I see them there

Comment

Well hunt #6 is over and we were not successful at taking anything. The number of deer on camera was way down. Some that we did get were in the middle of the night. Missed the only chance we had because I had my head where the sun don't shine. Doe came in at 17 yards broadside 20 minutes before official sun up and both bows were still racked arrows in quiver and releases not on. My bad I was checking my phone for camera pix from the night before.

Comment

It’s tough huntin out there these days

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
                It’s tough huntin out there these days

Yep. And numbers are dwindling. Won't be long and deer will be off limits, just like some of the other hunt areas now.

Comment

They're all hanging out in Dutch Branch Park. I drove through there Sunday evening and saw 39 deer. 8 were bucks. Lots of chasing going on. Saw one big 10, a couple of nice 8 pointers and the rest were young. Does everywhere.

Comment

We drive around Dutch Branch and N. Holiday Park quite often. It’s fun to see all the deer, and the occasional very nice buck. They are certainly out there. I worry about overpopulation issues in those areas. In the dwindling hunting zones, the deer seem to be foot traffic weary. I’ve witnessed groups of deer on quieter, neighboring private property. And, as Texas Grown states, it’s likely just a matter of time before hunting deer out there is no longer allowed.

Comment

Just finished my report to mail. Did anyone in hunt 7 score a hit. We saw a few deer but not in range for the most part. Too bad there was no dove season while we were hunting. Counted more dove every day toward the end. Hunt 6 should have been great, but the patterns were off a bit.

Comment

Out here now

Is there any one else hunting this draw on here? That dirt bike is back out here

Comment

I guess no one on here got anything in hunts 7-8-9. Did anyone see anything out there. We got picks of a couple of nice bucks but only at night.

Comment

The spring turkey hunt list is out. If you applied now is the time to check. I hope the results will be better this time.

Comment

I just called and I am blessed to get to hunt out there,first time , good luck to yall

Comment

Any advice from anybody who knows the area would be greatly appreciated, don't know if you get a specific spot or if you can use your boat or for you and go chase a bird, good luck and God bless yall

Comment

Working...
                                X