Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
    Got chores squared away, back up the mighty cedar

I don’t dislike hunting them…. I dislike setting them up, especially on a quick set up
    Reminds me of a tree with vines all in it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

2 doe at very last light. Probably same 2 as this morning although the came from complete opposite way. They too would have picked me off in old location. Or I would have ran head on into them on my way out

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        Cedars are fine when I have time to prep them and tripod or ladder. I’m in a loc on and I had to saw enough limbs off the back to get in it I could cross fence the king ranch. lol

I’ll hunt em if they are where I need to be, but prefer several others

This ones huge I’m 22’-23’ up according to my 25’ pull rope

And sap…. Good lawd I can probably cut the straps off after season and just have the stand glued up there

Definitely make sense. Horrible tree for quick set ups. I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This season sucks. There. I said it.

I can’t remember being this disappointed after having such high hopes and expectations.

Comment

The deers sho is hungries dis mornin’

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

I can’t remember being this disappointed after having such high hopes and expectations.
              Hang in there. Plenty of season left. All it takes is one hunt to make you feel different!

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                Hang in there. Plenty of season left. All it takes is one hunt to make you feel different!
                Allow me to clarify: on our farm the first 3 full weeks of November are best. For whatever reason bucks don’t live in our place, they only show up for the rut, and when it’s over your season is effectively over. So even though there’s technically another month and a half left in the season, we’re done. And we didn’t even see that many deer this year, let alone anything mature.

And our doe population seems to have plummeted. We used to have so many I wouldn’t mind killing three or four per season (even so we always capped it at two), but this year we’re not going to shoot any.

And I’m not blaming MLDP. I’m blaming the stupid 16 doe season we have now. Everybody with 5 acres around here thinks they should be able to kill umpteen does just because it’s technically legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

Dang, I was just thinking the same the other day.

After putting in a lot of work past few years, this year finally showed a couple shooter bucks on camera. But dang, never see them during shooting light.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                    Dang, I was just thinking the same the other day.

After putting in a lot of work past few years, this year finally showed a couple shooter bucks on camera. But dang, never see them during shooting light.

J
                    Last year my target buck never showed one single time in daylight hours at my cameras. Not until Thanksgiving morning did I get my opertunity. Slowest hunt of the general season being that I had not seen a single deer till he popped out at 7:45 and killed him at the protein feeder. It’s never over till it’s over.

Comment

Yep, it sucks. No one is seeing anything on our lease. 2 hunters killed 2 button bucks tonight which i dont agree with. Noting movin at all

Comment

You guys sound defeated
                        I had mixed feelings about this season too considering the amount of rain we had during the summer & milder temps keeping things plenty green
                        Interesting enough we have seen more deer activity & hardly any pig activity which is a first for us as we usually are overrun with pigs. I think no pig activity actually improved deer activity at feeders

Comment

Deer sightings

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                          You guys sound defeated
                          I had mixed feelings about this season too considering the amount of rain we had during the summer & milder temps keeping things plenty green
                          Interesting enough we have seen more deer activity & hardly any pig activity which is a first for us as we usually are overrun with pigs. I think no pig activity actually improved deer activity at feeders
                          Likewise here in Freestone Co.

Comment

Lola and I hunted a ridge this evening. Seen 5 doe (actually 1 was a twin nubbin)

Comment

I think your pigs moved to our property. We are still seeing plenty deer though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                                Yep, it sucks. No one is seeing anything on our lease. 2 hunters killed 2 button bucks tonight which i dont agree with. Noting movin at all
                                So does this still mean there are no acorns?

Comment

Working...
                                X