Let’s get nasty! Beans in Chili Prove me wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    No we don't... We use it just the same with leftovers... Hot dogs, frito chili pie etc etc
    The latter can definitely be used in place of the former, but the reverse would be a poor excuse for a bowl of chili.

Comment

I love Chili and I love beans. I don't normally add beans to my chili, but sometimes I may want both and I may add some pinto beans...

There's no written or unwritten law that says no beans in Chilli. It's a free country and you may or may not add beans to chili, just like when people dip their fries in ice cream or put salt on watermelon or chili powder on Mango...

These are the weird combinations that make some people happy and they can do it if they want.

Just my 0.2 cents....
      God Bless...
      Last edited by ATI; 11-10-2021, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
        Some of y’all would put ketchup on a ribeye. SMH.
        Exactly!!! people can eat their food how they please.

Comment

Here:
          No wonder it's a World Championship chili, it was packed with flavour. Followed the recipe as it is, and not too hard to make. It was definitely a hit at our dinner table. I will have to keep this recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            What is the purpose of adding beans?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
            My Dad said the beans "Stretched" the Chili out a day or so. Otherwise, BULK.

Comment

I got a hankering for some chili right about now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                My Dad said the beans "Stretched" the Chili out a day or so. Otherwise, BULK.
                This is odd to me. Just use more meat and more chile.

Comment

Let’s get nasty! Beans in Chili Prove me wrong

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  This is odd to me. Just use more meat and more chile.

Odd to you? Come on man! You are a foodie.. You are smarter than that. Beans are cheaper than meat … When folks don’t have BoB money, they use cheaper fillers to add to the pot to make meals for their families go further. Beans, rice, potatoes, stuff from their gardens etc etc.
                  Last edited by Smart; 11-10-2021, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Putting beans in your chili is like referring to Pace Picante Sauce as salsa.

It ain’t right…it just ain’t right.

Comment

No beans

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        My wife likes beans in the chili so I oblige her. She always regrets it a few hours after dinner and into the next morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        She. Is. Going. To. Kill. You!

Comment

Ill be honest i usually put some beans in my chili. The reason? Because i want to have more chili. I want a few extra servings. I dont feel like it really helps or hurts it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Odd to you? Come on man! You are a foodie.. You are smarter than that. Beans are cheaper than meat … When folks don’t have BoB money, they use cheaper fillers to add to the pot to make meals for their families go further. Beans, rice, potatoes, stuff from their gardens etc etc.
                            We are on a website where people spend thousands of dollars each year to hunt deer yet they gotta have some .99 beans to make their chili last longer? Come on man. Bull****. Kill another deer....or 10 hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                              Oh boy...
                              Ok I’ll bite...

“Chili” is short for CHILI CON CARNE & “chili” con carne does not have beans...

It’s why even today there isn’t a single nationally recognized/sanctioned chili competition that allows fillers; beans nor pasta...

With beans, it’s chili con carne CON FRIJOLES....
                              Beat me to it. Once you add beans it is no longer chili, its chili with beans. When I make chili sometimes I ad pintos sometimes I don't just depends on how I am feeling.

Comment

When money gets tight, beans make a great filler.

Comment

Working...
                                X