No announcement yet.

Live from Lodi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome. I’m not far, graduated from Hughes springs and now live in Atlanta.

Comment

Back at it again this year. Hunting both sides of the farm this season. Cass &
      Marion Co.
      1st sit tonight on the Cass side over looking a 30 acre clear cut on the edge of a swamp with a large unplanted food plot and feeder pen.

Food plots going to be 2 weeks late getting planted this year.
      PTO out on one tractor and bad fuel pump on the other delayed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sweet looking property. Have fun!

Comment

2 doe in clear cut. 10
          Point and 8 at 20 yards on corn

Comment

Comment

Another you lng 10 came in, he has 6 on one side. Was hoping one of the bug boys would join. Running out of light though.

Comment

I hunted the feed pen and plot this morning. Forgot my binos but saw 6 bucks working the edge of the clear cut along the bayou. Going to hand a stand along the creek and hunt it this week. Got 4 shooters roaming the area.

Comment

Running late but in the gate. Dropping my trailer and hauling butt to the clear cut. Going to sit at the food plot and scout for a place to hang a stand tomorrow.

4 days of hunting, food plots and building my cabin in store.

Comment

Small 8 bedded in the clear cut in a ditch and doe feeding near by. Slipped into my lock on undetected. Place should be crawling in deer soon.

Got a spot picked in the center of the clear cut for a lean to on a cluster of cypress trees and a few trees along the bayou to hang a lock on or use my climber.

Hoping to spot a few entry points they’re using and adjust from there.

Comment

Good luck, Marion Co. used to be covered up in deer.

Comment

Hunting my popup at the main gate stand where I killed my buck last November.

Had a good looking buck here yesterday morning harassing doe on camera and several new bucks showed up here over the last few days. No shooters yet but maybe one will slip by this morning

Had 8 doe here yesterday evening, this place should heat up real fast.

Up n comer yesterday morning.

Live decoys

Comment

Got skunked at the gate stand this morning, wind was crazy and I guess the deer just laid up.
                          Ran some cams to see what was where and decided to sit the pipeline this evening. I’ve had a mature old bucks here lately and you never know what will show up in this swamp bottom.
                          Food plots trying to take off. Need some rain soon. Going to hunt till Wednesday, hopefully they’ll be moving this evening.. if not I’m feeling good about the next two days.

Comment

Hadn’t really kept this thread up like I planned. I’ve been hunting every day for 12 days as of today with a few days all sits.

Was chasing a big 9 (130s) on the South end of the farm that slipped by me once and then I busted him out of his bed with a doe walking out mid day.
                            He was bedded less than 50 yards from where I parked my golf cart.

After about 10 hunts I gave up on him and moved north a few miles to hunt an ancient 7 point at my pipeline stand.
                            Seen lots of deer and a few young bucks there but struck out after several hunts.

Was running some cameras before leaving this morning and my #1 was on my camera at my original spot two evenings ago, 4:40pm.

Seems he’s dodging my cell camera in front of my stand on a old road and hitting the other feeder in the open field I have a regular camera on.

Any ways I’m in this evening for the last hunt before i head back to work in Oklahoma. I feel lucky… it’s hot and I’m way early. I walked in about a 1/2 mile.
                            Hopefully he’s bedded close by and will show again before dark. I’ve got about 9 doe that frequent these two feeders, so that helps.

I’ll update as the action picks up.

Comment

My views.

West

North, where he’s been on camera.

South

Thick belt of pines behind me to the east that drops off into a huge swamp.

Comment

Feeder slung, 3 doe came out with a spike chasing

Comment

Working...
                                X