It seems like my world is crashing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems like my world is crashing.

My Grannie has been at a nursing home, for physical rehab, for 5 or 6 weeks. Early last week, she called me at 9pm; she is usually sleeping by 6.30 or 7. The conversation was so bizarre, that I can't begin to put it back together. She started talking about 2 men down by the creek that broke the windows out of the nursing home, my mom hiding behind a chair in her room, another resident being offered $50 to kill her, her telling him that was too cheap and he should get at least $200 ... on and on. She called me four times that night, up until about 1.30am. Basically delirious.

They think it was due to dehydration. She's pretty much back to normal now.

This past weekend, Tina's Grannie was taken to the ER because she couldn't breathe and her legs were very swollen. They're pretty sure this is congestive heart failure. They gave her a bunch of drugs that are helping and she's supposed to go home on Friday. The kicker is she's says she's tired of living (98 years old) and was hoping she'd die this time and is kinda mad that she's going home, instead of heaven.

Early Saturday morning, my step-mom was also taken to the ER. She was dizzy, nauseous and very weak. They ran lots of tests and couldn't find anything wrong. She was getting weaker, and having more trouble breathing, by the hour. After they exhausted all the resources in Hallettsville, and much urging by her sisters (2 of whom are nurses there), she was transferred to Methodist here in Houston. More tests and more decline, this morning they had to intubate her. She does not have Covid.

All this is weighing heavily on Tina and I. I'm usually less emotional about all this stuff, but I feel like I'm about to crumble. I'm waiting to wake up and this all be just a bad dream, but I know that's not the case.

Thanks for letting me vent.

I hate to read this, Texastaxi...we will send up a few prayers for you and your family

Comment

Vent away Brother! Prayers all around!

Comment

Brother, you aren’t alone. Life can really hit a person hard. My siblings and I went through the hell in less than two years time. Four close family members all died less than a year apart. Our mom and dad plus two others. The lady at the funeral home said its bad when she easily recognizes the same faces there signing papers. Found out that two close friends passed while we were taking care of mom and dad in their last days and missed the friends’ funerals.

We all had plans to do things together and in a different setting but life ended much sooner for our loved ones than we had anticipated. Cancer took mom quick. Hug your loved ones every day and tell them you love them. It’s important.

Comment

Dang Kev. I hate its been so long catching up on what you doing but will absolutely be praying for you guys!

Comment

Prayers Sent for you and your family buddy...

Comment

Man- I hear you. I'm a fairly stoic fella but this past year has really drained me also. We are burying one of my good friends that I was teaching taxidermy. He passed away Sat evening 3 months after being diagnosed with cancer. 48 yrs old. Whole dang past 18 months can bite me!
              We still need to get caught up one day. Maybe just hang out instead of work huh?

Comment

We're praying for you and the family, Kevin. If there's anything we can do from our end locally to help don't hesitate to reach out. Otherwise, I've got an ear or a shoulder available if you need it.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Prayers up for you all.

Comment

Oh Lord God, You know what our brother Kevin is grieving over right now. These elderly women in his and his precious wife Tina's lives are so very important to them. Lord I pray that you give him and Tina comfort in all of this. If it is within Your will, please Lord place Your hand on these ladies and heal each one. Restore them to their families. Lord if it is their time, make their passing to You an peaceful and swift one with no suffering. We ask You to strengthen Kevin that he may lead his family through this season. Take special care of little Konnor and give Ms. Tina an extra measure of grace too. Hold them close to You Lord and comfort them in a way that they know You are real and when they have no words, through Your Holy Spirit intervene in prayer for them that they may know You. Guide them and direct them through this and return their joy in due time. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Sure sorry Kevin!! Give Tina a big ol' hug for me and take care of Konnor too!! You da Man sir. You just lean on the Lord. He will see you through!

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Prayers up for you and Tina !

Comment

prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers sir.

Comment

Prayers sent for your loved ones, Kevin. It's hard watching folks we love get old.

Comment

Working...
                              X