Bad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad news

I got hit on my motorcycle last month. A young man was looking at his phone and turned at a stoplight and hit me head on. I had an MRI done Wednesday and have torn one tendon completely and partially detached another in my rotator cuff. I will need surgery at some point. I have a crossbow I have never hunted with so I will get to hunt but only when my nephew or grandson go with me. I can't cock it and no way I could drag or skin a deer by myself at this point. I will only get half or less of my normal hunts in but it's better than none. Complaining over. Please stay off your phone while driving. It only takes a few seconds of distraction.

Dang! Glad you are doing ok considering how bad a car and motorcycle collision can be. Cell phone distracted driving is why I don't ride my bike any more.

Hope you heal up quickly and completely!

Comment

I pray for a speedy and full recovery

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I see it everyday, I hope you make a full and speedy recovery. I’m very glad however that it’s a shoulder and not something much worse. Best of luck and just invite your buddies to go hunting to do all of the work for you

Comment

I'm so sorry, prayers for full recovery and back to hunting normally again soon.

Comment

I’m sorry to hear that.Looks like I have to go in fo some unforeseen surgery this week I’m glad to get fixed but dang just some unfair timing.Hang in there my friend

Comment

BTDT. Jun 09, 2017. Distracted OLD MAN Driver. 9 Days in SAMMC. 8 Broken Ribs and a Broken Clavicle. Had to give up my Compound and go to Excalibur Crossbow. AGREE..."Please stay off your phone while driving. It only takes a few seconds of distraction."
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                BTDT. Jun 09, 2017. Distracted OLD MAN Driver. 9 Days in SAMMC. 8 Broken Ribs and a Broken Clavicle. Had to give up my Compound and go to Excalibur Crossbow. AGREE..."Please stay off your phone while driving. It only takes a few seconds of distraction."
                Dang. Don't need an MRI to see those problems.

Comment

Truly sorry it has happened to you. I love to ride, but love to live as well. Out here in West Texas even with the slowdown I don't anymore. The condition of the roads suck as do the drivers honestly.
                  Plus, I want to be in at least a 3/4 ton when I run across the group of protesters trying to block a road somewhere.

Comment

Prayers for you bud. Hang in there.

Comment

Riding and hunting are equal in things I love to do. I will have another bike and will be back in full swing next year for bowhunting it's just unfortunate timing.

Comment

Dang, hope for a speedy recovery!

Comment

Dang— really sorry to hear that. Glad to hear you’ll be getting some in and back at it next year. And that you have a positive attitude. That’ll help with the healing!

Comment

Glad you are still around to hunt. Sold my bike a few years ago because I was tired of the close calls with drivers and cell phones. Nothing scarier when on your bike.

Comment

Man, sorry to hear this. This it why I sold my bikes.

Comment

Working...
                              X