Reloaders Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloaders Question

Can someone that reloads ammo sell their reloads or do you need a license. Also can someone that reloads give away their reloads

I was just wondering. Thanks

Pretty sure the reloading seller needs a manufacturers license to sell reloads. In todays litigious society, that’s the last profession I’d venture into.

Most people who reload will help educate the newcomer on safety and how the prep brass and reload. I haven’t bought centerfire factory ammo in over 30 yrs since I reload my own. I’m a small volume shooter and don’t shoot hundreds of rounds every weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      Pretty sure the reloading seller needs a manufacturers license to sell reloads. In todays litigious society, that’s the last profession I’d venture into.

Most people who reload will help educate the newcomer on safety and how the prep brass and reload. I haven’t bought centerfire factory ammo in over 30 yrs since I reload my own. I’m a small volume shooter and don’t shoot hundreds of rounds every weekend
      Thanks Blake. That is kind of what I thought. It is definitely not something I want to get into. I have a bunch of brass and I was just basically wondering if I gave it to someone could they give me some rounds in exchange

Comment

Talk to Clay Blakketter with Clays Cartridge Co in Oklahoma.

Comment

With this Lawsuit Society we live in HELL NO...They would be advertising it on TV...Like (THE HAMMER )and all the other blood suckers....

Comment

If you got a friend you trust who reloads there's a decent chance you could trade him some brass for ammo. The problem right now though is brass is not difficult to find, but components are. So getting somebody to swap you brass for loaded ammo is going to be difficult right now. Plus if it's your buddy who reloads in your gun blows up you got to just take that in stride. Good luck

Comment

I have been reloading since 1972. Bought a Rock chucker press and still use it. No way will I ever sell any of my reloads. I have offered to teach many people to reload in the last 50 years. I have had 4 takers. I have had many folks say, and I quote. You reload? I'll just let you reload my brass. Like it is doing me a favor. When I point out that I will teach, but they have to pay for supplies used and do the work, their willingness to do me that favor evaporates.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer56 View Post
                I have been reloading since 1972. Bought a Rock chucker press and still use it. No way will I ever sell any of my reloads. I have offered to teach many people to reload in the last 50 years. I have had 4 takers. I have had many folks say, and I quote. You reload? I'll just let you reload my brass. Like it is doing me a favor. When I point out that I will teach, but they have to pay for supplies used and do the work, their willingness to do me that favor evaporates.
                Been there done that. I have let other people shoot A FEW of my reloads, but not many.
                Definitely need a license to sell ammo.

Comment

Working...
                X