Barn Swallow proofing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barn Swallow proofing

Any good tips out there for Barn Swallow eradication. I've got the mirrored spiral things hanging on the eaves and they are just ignoring them.

They used to nest on my back porch. I hung a blank CD on a string to spin around and such. No more swallows.

Comment

Full auto bb gun... just hang it there by the eve they get the message

Comment

I guess this is the bird that makes the mud nest? If so I’ve got the same problem

Comment

I just gave up trying and let them have that corner of the overhang. They don't really hurt anything, just a little poop on the porch.

Comment

We have some at our house that come every year and lay eggs on top of our porch light. Once the eggs hatch and the little ones leave the nest. I remove it. Will not see them for another year. Right now I got 4-5 babies in that nest.

Comment

Pressure washer. Then hang a fake snake

Comment

These birds return to where they were born so staying on top of where they nest is key.

When the first ones show up, I hang (staple) plastic grocery bags where they like to nest so it blows in the wind. In the late summer I take them down. After 8 years, I have not have to put them up. They are still around, just not nesting on my flood lights around my house. They do fly bys around the house during the day.

For bigger eaves and a variety of birds, I put up bird spikes (get them from Amazon).

Comment

We painted our carport ceiling a light blue to look like the sky. No more birds.

Comment

Originally posted by Choppa311 View Post
                    We painted our carport ceiling a light blue to look like the sky. No more birds.
                    Works for dirt dobbers as well. As for the barn swallows, a shotgun after you mow the yard works wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                      Full auto bb gun... just hang it there by the eve they get the message
                      X2!
                      Stapled a fake snake several times up to the eve where they kept building and they would just peck at it until it would fall down.

Comment

The fake snake trick lasts about a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Choppa311 View Post
                          I've got that stained boarding under the porches. My wife would kill be if I painted it blue.

Comment

Might looking on Amazon for a full auto air soft gun.

Comment

I have a pair that comes to the same nest in the corner of my front porch every year. Doesn't bother me a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X