Publishing a book, advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Publishing a book, advice?

I am wrapping up my book about hunting Mexico for the last 40 years. Has anyone had a book published? Not sure about editing, actual printing and cost of a book. Any and all advice appreciated?
    Thanks!

Do you want to publish electronically or physical book? Kindle is really easy. The other not so much. Especially if you want to go through a traditional publisher.

Comment

Check with MisterB on here. He had written a book or 3.

Comment

I want a traditional book, thank you.

Comment

I've got two in print, with a potential third rattling around in my brain.

A few options for creating actual physical books.

One, self publish. Upside, you make the money. Down side, you have to do all the editing and layout, etc, or else pay to have it done.

Two, find a publisher. Upside, they do a bunch of the work. Downsides, they take a big cut of the money, and it is actually pretty dang hard to find a publisher.

On mine, I worked hard and emailed a zillion publishers proposals till I found one for the first book. For the second book, I worked my network of industry folks and got a deal with one of the major publishers in the industry, partly on the strength of having another book already under contract.

Comment

Contact Createspace at Amazon.

Comment

Ps Createspace.com

Comment

Agree with Mr. B, Amazon CreateSpace is a good self-publishing platform.

Comment

I am slowly starting down this road. I imagine self publishing and electronic version over a traditional book has to have incredible cost savings.

Comment

Just tagging in case I ever go down this road.

Electronic books seem to be the way to go and easier for people to purchase. But nothing better than a good book. I just dont see myself ever reading electronic books.

Comment

Creatspace has been bought out by Amazon. Appears the digital world is what they want everyone to do. If I have to charge up a kindle to read a book then I've way outlived my time on earth. I always wonder what people will do 50 years from now when all their family photos, friends, trips, etc that were stored on some device that became obsolete and have no way of looking at them. I'll be long gone but I would like to leave behind a hardback book with photos of the giant bucks of Mexico that I have hunted and stories of the good ole days across the border.

Comment

See if you get ahold of this guy. He was interested in my book but I dropped the ball and never followed up:

Reagan Rothe
                        Black Rose Writing
                        creator@blackrosewriting.com

Comment

Keep us posted on what you decide sir, I for one am interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X