New deed restriction law!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New deed restriction law!

This new proposal is coming up at our next Commissioners Court meeting. Not good at all if you ask me. Might keep a watch on your counties court agenda's. Got it off FB so hope its a hoax.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by doghouse; 06-13-2021, 10:43 AM.

Who proposed that nonsense?!

Comment

That’s an interesting clause but seems to be limiting row cropping or the like unless you have 50 acres? Would be wanting to see why that was brought up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It was probably brought up to collect more tax revenue. I think it’s B.S. Hope this does not spread state wide. Wonder how this would play out for people who have a hay/timber exemption like me.

Comment

You need to be talking to your commissioner.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
            It was probably brought up to collect more tax revenue. I think it’s B.S. Hope this does not spread state wide. Wonder how this would play out for people who have a hay/timber exemption like me.
            Yep, government has spent so much money the past few years they have to start collecting

Comment

Is it in an open range county? It seems like they are really reaching on this one if its true.

Comment

This is for new subdivision requirements. Lots of counties rewriting their rules to prevent large ranches from being broken up into hundreds of Ranchettes. They don't want what has happened to Edwards County to happen to them. This info came directly from Sutton County Judge. I had to pass on a great deal because Sutton County rewrote their rules to limit subdivision and I couldn't meet a Right-of-Way requirement that I see is also listed in your example above.

In your circled example, they're trying to prevent subdivision that could still be Ag Exempt. In other words, you can break it up but if you go too small we're gonna tax the hell out of the new owner.
                Last edited by curtintex; 06-13-2021, 12:19 PM.

Comment

That’s looks like a subdivision ordinance, where stuff like that is pretty common.
                  Got more context?

Comment

Oh wow.

Comment

It makes sense. Gentrification. You have to have money to buy 50acres and supply water (in each pasture) and have cross fence.

It keeps investors from turning a 50 acre plot into qty 5 10 acre ag use lots. Prevention on both ends, land grab investors and home consumers. Necessary evil to not see mildly productive farm land turn into manufactured homes lots and trash generators.

If the land gets subdivided…the land values will increase and so will taxes and cost of infrastructure.

Good job Mills.
                      Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-13-2021, 12:45 PM. Reason: GoodJobMillsSpake

Comment

I don’t see anything on that page that would suggest that we live in a free country. Politicians of both parties have screwed us for 200 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                          I don’t see anything on that page that would suggest that we live in a free country. Politicians of both parties have screwed us for 200 years.
                          Yup................
                          Not only,..... do you not own it.......................
                          Now they're telling you, what you can, and can't do with it..........

They are no longer, politicians...............
                          Politicians, are elected by the people, to represent the people......

We.... now have a ruling class,.....and the ruled class.............

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            I thought this was a mouthful from the city of SM last week.

"Mowing crews are out in full force catching up from the recent weeks of rain. They are on a schedule and are in the process of mowing parks, medians, and public property. The City’s Code Compliance understands that there has been a lot of rain and they are also being patient with residents mowing their own private property. Thank you for your patience as we catch up on mowing after the steady rain!!"

Land of the free!

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post

They are no longer, politicians...............
                              Politicians, are elected by the people, to represent the people......

We.... now have a ruling class,.....and the ruled class.............
                              LMAO!!!!! So now the county commissioners of Mills County are the ruling class? Commissioner's Court, like in most rural counties, is likely made up of people like us just trying to do what's best for the people of their county. Ruling class? You funny..................

Comment

Working...
                              X