Hinton,Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hinton,Oklahoma

Anyone hunt around Hinton Ok?, it's 1 hour west of Oklahoma city. Going to put out some cell cams and I wondering how the cell reception is, and what's better Verizon or At&t.
    Lastly how's the hunting in the area along the Canadian river, property looks to have a few alfalfa fields on and around it.

Thanks

Or just SW Oklahoma in general?

Comment

Originally posted by easttxbowbender View Post
      Or just SW Oklahoma in general?
      Bump, sorry no help, but would also like any hunting info others have about SW Oklahoma, thanks.

Comment

Anything on the Canadian will be decent. The Hinton area will be farm ground with a lot of draws. The deer numbers will be good. Carrying capacity per acre is good because of the farm ground. Closer to the river the better. Pigs are plentiful there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dru View Post
          Anything on the Canadian will be decent. The Hinton area will be farm ground with a lot of draws. The deer numbers will be good. Carrying capacity per acre is good because of the farm ground. Closer to the river the better. Pigs are plentiful there too.
          Thanks Dru, good info. Do you know anything about the area south of there, say the Wa****a River and Wichita Mountains area?

thanks for letting me borrow your thread some easttxbowbender

Comment

Thanks Dru, looking forward to checking it out in July

Comment

Same goes for the Wichita mountains. Anything close to a river will have good numbers and quality. May even have the chance at elk there.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                Thanks Dru, good info. Do you know anything about the area south of there, say the Wa****a River and Wichita Mountains area?

thanks for letting me borrow your thread some easttxbowbender
                Yes see above. Chance of Elk. Again it is open with lots of farm ground. Any river will be good. The State record came out of the area around Frederick. A long time ago they transplanted deer from SE Oklahoma to this area so the genetics are good and you get the benefit of crop land.

Comment

Originally posted by Dru View Post
                  Yes see above. Chance of Elk. Again it is open with lots of farm ground. Any river will be good. The State record came out of the area around Frederick. A long time ago they transplanted deer from SE Oklahoma to this area so the genetics are good and you get the benefit of crop land.
                  Cool, sounds promising, thanks again Dru and thanks also 3whunt.

Comment

My family on my mom's side live in Hinton, use to spend summers up there. Haven't been there in many years, but I do remember my cousins showing me some deer they killed out on the farm east of town, some pretty nice deer from what I remember.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Banded Drake Calls View Post
                      My family on my mom's side live in Hinton, use to spend summers up there. Haven't been there in many years, but I do remember my cousins showing me some deer they killed out on the farm east of town, some pretty nice deer from what I remember.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                      Go to know, can't wait to get some cameras out and do a little scouting

Comment

Does Oklahoma have any public hunting land?

Comment

Our family farm is just southeast of Hinton. There are some deer there and the hogs showed up about 10 years ago. I have never hunted it seriously. I had a few cousins that would hunt it but, we put a stop to that when they started abusing their privileges. My father bought out his siblings and he liked to use the place as his get away and get some tractor time during retirement. He liked to feed the deer and turkey so I wasn't too eager to put any pressure on them. Depending on where you are located, you will need to keep an eye out for poaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                            Our family farm is just southeast of Hinton. There are some deer there and the hogs showed up about 10 years ago. I have never hunted it seriously. I had a few cousins that would hunt it but, we put a stop to that when they started abusing their privileges. My father bought out his siblings and he liked to use the place as his get away and get some tractor time during retirement. He liked to feed the deer and turkey so I wasn't too eager to put any pressure on them. Depending on where you are located, you will need to keep an eye out for poaching.
                            Sounds good thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TOTW View Post
                              Does Oklahoma have any public hunting land?
                              lots, here you go www.wildlifedepartment.com/hunting

And compared to Texas, OK has LOTS.

Comment

Working...
                              X