.22 Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.22 Rifle

Looks like I'm going to decide on the Henry for my youngest. His first gun.

I haven't found a clean Winchester 9422. That is our preference.

Does anyone think something else should be considered?

My son has a little henry 22 and he loves it. It does have an aluminum receiver that is painted. The paint does chip off since he uses his quit often.

Comment

Marlin 39a would be my first choice

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
        I haven't handled one. You like it more than the 9422?

Comment

Absolutely this. A better rifle than the 9422 IMO. Especially an older model rather than the remlins that are out there.

Comment

An older (pre-Rem) 39a would be my first choice as well but they are quite pricey - if you can find one. I have several Henry lever guns and have been very happy with them - they make a youth model in .22LR

Comment

I'd do a bolt action for a "first" rifle. Both Marlin 39's and Winchester 9422's are overpriced, IMHO, and parts availability on the 9422 is already kind of spotty. The Henry is a good rifle, as well, or a Browning lever .22, if going with a lever.
              Last edited by softpoint; 06-03-2021, 10:16 AM.

Comment

My goldenboy is currently my favorite .22

I've fondled, but haven't shot the winchester.

Comment

My all time favorite was a Remington Gallery gun made on a browning patent.
                  Been kicking myself for the last 50 years for ever letting it go.
                  by John Gyde and Roy Marcot The sale of Remington firearms declined dramatically during the depression. By 1932, losses for the one hundred and sixteen year old company were approaching $1,000,000 per year. Remington Arms Company, Inc., headed by Chairman of the Board Marcellus Hartley Dodge, had little cash for day-to-day operations and practically nothing

I used to shoot these at the Texas State Fair many years ago (1950's) and try to win a teddy bear by shooting out a little red dot. Finally got it done after a dollars worth of quarters and the hawker tried to cheat me out of it. Some grownups came to my rescue and offered to whoop his ***** if he didn't give me my prize. Hey a dollar in quarters back then is $25 bucks today.
                  Last edited by muzzlebrake; 06-03-2021, 10:52 AM.

Comment

I love my Henry H001 so much that I bought my daughter one for her first birthday. Going to be a while before she can shoot it though lol

Comment

Mine too

Comment

I got my boys the marlin model 60... It's been a good gun to plink and hunt with for them.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                          I haven't handled one. You like it more than the 9422?
                          I like them better Extremely well built rifles

Comment

Savage Rascal. Cheap and ACCURATE!

Comment

Just me but if I were buying it would be a Anschutz or CZ bolt gun for his first one. Thinking if he is capable of a more complicated lever gun a bolt rifle should work too.

Comment

Working...
                              X