White River in Arkansas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White River in Arkansas?

Headed up there for a few days Fathers Day weekend( Thur-Sun) to fish. Taking my brother and Dad. None of us have ever been there, but always heard and seen the stories and how good it is. Anyone have any pointers or places/areas to target? We are renting a cabin at Rim Shoals and will have my jet boat in tow that we will be fishing out of. Been watching a ton of YouTube videos and looks like you can catch fish about anywhere. Any help appreciated...

If a guy playing a banjo tells you to follow him cuz he knows where the fish are, don't do it!

Comment

Use night crawlers on bottom and blow them up with air using a syringe !
      U will wear them out

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Just got back from there, fished with a guide. We caught most fish rainbow, brown and brook trout within a mile of I guess it was bull shoals star park located just below dam. Using size 18 jigs on 9’ fly rods with indicator. We put in at public ramp outside of flipping. Just go past Ranger boat factory and watch for signs. More later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

White River trout fishing guide and White River outfitter, Cranor Guide Service offers guided fishing trips on the White River and Norfork River in Arkansas.

We have used Don for many years great fella

Good luck!!!

Comment

I think it was Cotter Trout Dock we used a few years ago when we went. Caught a ton of trout!

Comment

Frozen shrimp is the trick. Lived up there for 2 years and that was the one thing that never failed.

Comment

If you can get to Cotter, Arkansas just 11 miles from Mountain Home, go by Natural State Fly Shop and talk to Henry, he will show you the right flys if you need some, great guy loves to talk trout.

Comment

I like that stretch from Rim shoals down to Ranchette. I used to fish over there quite a bit but now it’s just more convenient to stay on this side of the world and fish the Norfork area.

It will still be rolling pretty good in late June. Bull Shoals is up 25’ like normal (puke) this time of year & Norfork is probably close to 17’ high.

Navigation should be fairly simple in high water if you have a jet. Zig jigs, pink worms if you’re pole fishing for rainbows. We normally fly fish, so zebra midges, nymphs, & small streamers all produce consistently.

Mind your drift and don’t blow anyone out and no one will yell at you for your TX boat tags LOL! It will be a good time, hope y’all enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
                      If you can get to Cotter, Arkansas just 11 miles from Mountain Home, go by Natural State Fly Shop and talk to Henry, he will show you the right flys if you need some, great guy loves to talk trout.

He is good dude.

Rainbows in corn browns on some minnow that gets in a trap. You can chum the rainbows up and drift back thru them. Been the last 3 yrs

The biggest hurdle is learning the fish bump from rocks. I can PM several spots we caught from kayak or boat

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Quackerbox; 05-26-2021, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Put your Shrimp in a ziplock with salt and garlic the day before. It will tuff'n them up and they stay on the hook better. We always fished where the Norfork meet the White river.

Comment

Awesome place. We always use a guide the river becomes a different animal if they open the dam to generate electricity

Comment

I was there last year. very nice fish. The dam holds some really big fish. It's catch and release at the dam if I remember right. we fished with fly rods, but fished deep and did well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                              I think it was Cotter Trout Dock we used a few years ago when we went. Caught a ton of trout!
                              This is who we went with a few years back and had a great time.

Comment

Working...
                              X