Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are these things they are installing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are these things they are installing?

What are these white panels they are installing on all the stoplight poles around my area? Every single stoplight has them now...no matter how off the beaten path the road is?
    Attached Files

They’re 5G signal boosters for people who’ve gotten the vaccine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe emergency vehicle sensor.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
          They’re 5G signal boosters for people who’ve gotten the vaccine.

Bwahahahaha

Comment

Cool device, makes lights more efficient. I took a transportation engineering elective course and it was one of the most boring yet complicated fields of study

Comment

Plate readers ?

Comment

Thanks! That looks like them! But even after reading what they do I still don't get it? I am assuming these are for "Smart Cars".
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Thanks! That looks like them! But even after reading what they do I still don't get it? I am assuming these are for "Smart Cars".
                  I'm assuming the sensors are a proximity sensor of some sorts. My work has a Division that designs automated traffic control systems using cameras that work similarly. These types of systems are generally car-type agnostic

Comment

I think they analyze your movement once you are in a “decision zone”. Either speed up to beat the light or hit the brakes. It adjust the timing from data it collects.
                    Last edited by Leaverrite; 04-26-2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Dipping sauce containers for McNuggets.

Comment

My tin foil hat......................
                        Don't believe, their explanation..............

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          I don’t know about this particular one but about 12 years ago my city was looking into red light cameras for revenue (they claimed for safety) Fortunately we decided against it.

But.... One are the interesting things available (and probably way better now) was an add on feature that could help stop red light collisions. Not only would the system take a picture of the car to send a red light ticket in the mail, it could determine when a car was going to run a red light and would automatically keep the other lights red so that another car would not pull out and get broadsided, possibly killing the driver.

So not only would the system ticket driver driver, it would stop the possible collision the driver was going to create and save lives. It was like $10,000 extra for each intersection. My recommendation to the city was, don’t buy the red light ticket writer but just buy the part which save lives.

The city did not go for either.

I imagine with the increase is a technology, they can now have systems that will determine where there will be gaps in traffic so that a yellow light does not happen in heavy traffic where everybody tries to beat it, when a car is going to run a red light and thereby shut down the other directions, etc.

I am not positive but seeing what I saw several years ago, I would guess the current and upcoming systems can make traffic flows much smoother and much safer.

Comment

Breathalizer

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                              I don’t know about this particular one but about 12 years ago my city was looking into red light cameras for revenue (they claimed for safety) Fortunately we decided against it.

But.... One are the interesting things available (and probably way better now) was an add on feature that could help stop red light collisions. Not only would the system take a picture of the car to send a red light ticket in the mail, it could determine when a car was going to run a red light and would automatically keep the other lights red so that another car would not pull out and get broadsided, possibly killing the driver.

So not only would the system ticket driver driver, it would stop the possible collision the driver was going to create and save lives. It was like $10,000 extra for each intersection. My recommendation to the city was, don’t buy the red light ticket writer but just buy the part which save lives.

The city did not go for either.

I imagine with the increase is a technology, they can now have systems that will determine where there will be gaps in traffic so that a yellow light does not happen in heavy traffic where everybody tries to beat it, when a car is going to run a red light and thereby shut down the other directions, etc.

I am not positive but seeing what I saw several years ago, I would guess the current and upcoming systems can make traffic flows much smoother and much safer.
                              Thanks....makes sense if its hardwired into the lights themselves.
                              Just hope..thats all their doing since they also resemble the toll road scanners. (Borrowing Sailors tin foil hat)

Comment

Working...
                              X