Doug Evans Taxidermist????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know how to reach this guy? I've tried the number that has worked for years but seems to be disconnected or not accepting calls. He's got a place in Humble next to Last Step Deer Processing. Has a couple of my son's deer heads and a duck and I haven't been able to reach him for a few months now. Has done a lot of work over the years for us. Am getting a little concerned that something may have happened to him?

Any leads appreciated.

Rob

Try some of these numbers:

Comment

Originally posted by buck40 View Post
      Anyone know how to reach this guy? I've tried the number that has worked for years but seems to be disconnected or not accepting calls. He's got a place in Humble next to Last Step Deer Processing. Has a couple of my son's deer heads and a duck and I haven't been able to reach him for a few months now. Has done a lot of work over the years for us. Am getting a little concerned that something may have happened to him?

Any leads appreciated.

Rob
      Sadly bud, Doug had a massive heart attack and died around a month ago. Contact Frank Tutor out of Conroe Taxidermy.

Doug was a good friend to me and did every single one of my mounts the last 15 years. We lost a good man.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
        Sadly bud, Doug had a massive heart attack and died around a month ago. Contact Frank Tutor out of Conroe Taxidermy.

Doug was a good friend to me and did every single one of my mounts the last 15 years. We lost a good man.

Wow, sorry to see this. I went to school with Doug. He was a great person. Prayers up for the family.

Comment

I am really sorry to hear this. Doug was a great guy and mounted countless animals for me. All top notch.

He has two white tail shoulder mounts and a huge boar skull mount currently. Is Frank taking over the work Doug had pending?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
            I am really sorry to hear this. Doug was a great guy and mounted countless animals for me. All top notch.

He has two white tail shoulder mounts and a huge boar skull mount currently. Is Frank taking over the work Doug had pending?

Yes Frank is. But you'll need to call him and let him find your animals. You can imagine the mess of that. I lost a couple ducks and a fox that were in a cooler in a storage unit that lost power.

Comment

Yes Frank is. But you'll need to call him and let him find your animals. You can imagine the mess of that. I lost a couple ducks and a fox that were in a cooler in a storage unit that lost power.

I can only imagine. I’ll give him a call. I’ve got all my tickets from when I dropped off.

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Well just an update. Frank Tutor did in fact take over Dougs projects and yes I can only imagine the difficulty in this. I was very sorry to hear about Doug. He had a tough couple of years with family sickness and he always took care of our stuff and was a really nice guy on top of everything that he was going through. Prayers certainly up for him and his family.

Frank has already been a great help and found my son's two sets of horns which was greatly appreciated. As many of you know, horns are like gold to a kid and are memories and stories for life. One of these was a great east Texas deer that we fed protein to for 6 years and almost was shot by other hunters multiple times but somehow always escaped and my son was able to get him this past November. A very special deer to him indeed.

Comment

R.I.P Doug.

Great man. Will remember our last few conversations about family and life.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

As other have said, I was able to get in touch with Frank and he had my 142” 8 point, 154” 10 point, and boar head for euro mount. I’m going to have to buy some capes but no worries. Sounds like it will all work out.

Again, it’s terrible to hear about Doug. Such a nice guy and did excellent work. I’ve been taking him animals for over a decade and always looked forward to his smile and good conversation. I’m confident he’s in a better place.

Last edited by RJK70; 04-22-2021, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Wow RIP

He did a few ducks for me as well years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X