No announcement yet.

2021 Bass Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The smallmouth record was broken today out there too https://texasfishingforum.com/forums...rd-6-25#UNREAD

You won't get many bites but big ones are caught in this cold if you know what to do

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
      The smallmouth record was broken today out there too https://texasfishingforum.com/forums...rd-6-25#UNREAD

You won't get many bites but big ones are caught in this cold if you know what to do
      Yeah and the guy caught a 9lb largemouth too to go along with that 6lb smallie crazy weekend out there who would of thought it after that weeks worth of cold . Hopefully by mid March it will be on fire there and all the surrounding lakes .

Comment

Originally posted by Grady_jones View Post
        TBH tournament?
        Sounds like a plan .

Comment

TBH tournament?
          Let's do it!

Comment

2021 Bass Fishing Thread

Anybody fished Somerville lately? Heading out there Wednesday afternoon with not much more of a game plan than to start deep and work our way up until we find something. Will be my first trip of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

TBH tournament?
              IN

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                Anybody fished Somerville lately? Heading out there Wednesday afternoon with not much more of a game plan than to start deep and work our way up until we find something. Will be my first trip of the year.

Our CAST event was scheduled to be there yesterday but was canceled. I was looking forward to that one as i have not been on somerville in 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
                  Our CAST event was scheduled to be there yesterday but was canceled. I was looking forward to that one as i have not been on somerville in 20 years.

It can fish pretty dang good at times. I dont get to fish it near as much as I would like, but im hoping to change that this year.

Let me ask, if you dont mind, what was going to be your game plan? Just high level, dont want your honey holes.

Comment

It can fish pretty dang good at times. I dont get to fish it near as much as I would like, but im hoping to change that this year.

Let me ask, if you dont mind, what was going to be your game plan? Just high level, dont want your honey holes.

Well, since not having been there in so long i was going to hammer the areas that on my bird mapping look to be staging areas. Lipless crank bait and squarebills. If that didnt produce it would be back out to the road beds with football jig or carolina rig.

Comment

Well, since not having been there in so long i was going to hammer the areas that on my bird mapping look to be staging areas. Lipless crank bait and squarebills. If that didnt produce it would be back out to the road beds with football jig or carolina rig.

I dont think I pay the road beds near enough attention. I typically fish rocks or grass. This time of year I was looking at the big rock island fishing deep. If that failed I was going to head to staging areas and start deep and work my way up. Never thought about road beds at all.

Comment

I dont think I pay the road beds near enough attention. I typically fish rocks or grass. This time of year I was looking at the big rock island fishing deep. If that failed I was going to head to staging areas and start deep and work my way up. Never thought about road beds at all.

living on lake conroe i have taken a liking to fishing deeper structure. I know Somerville has some good road beds near spawning creeks and pockets.
                        Last edited by Ksig512; 02-21-2021, 08:04 AM.

Comment

living on lake conroe i have taken a liking to fishing deeper structure. I know Somerville has some good road beds near spawning creeks and pockets.

I know of one or two. Although im sure there are a lot more. I think Wednesday im going to branch out of my comfort area and go fish different structures across the lake. Im thinking with the high in the upper 60’s Wednesday the fish should be more active.

Comment

Another sharelunker caught there today

Comment

That is crazy. Has that lake always been this good?

Comment

That is crazy. Has that lake always been this good?

No, water level just came up after being down many years, that and new sonar tech. He is a big social media guy, he supposedly caught two more over 11lbs today.

Comment

Working...
                                X